Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2022
At Bare, we’re passionate about changing the narrative around end-of-life (EOL).
Australians generally don’t like to talk about end-of-life. As a result, very little EOL planning is done in advance, grieving families are often left at the mercy of opportunistic funeral homes, and the complexity of estate administration hinders the ability for people to properly grieve. We’re on a mission to change that.
Bare is building a next-generation end-of-life platform. We want to make pre-planning easier by giving Australians a single place to manage their estate planning, tell their life story for future generations and prepay for the funeral they actually want. We also want to change the face of funerals by building a DIY memorial platform that allows families to plan the perfect farewell, and properly memorialize a loved one.
We are backed by some of Australia's highest-profile investors, are incredibly fast-growing, and we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an outstanding Product Designer to bring our platform vision to life.
You will be responsible for bringing the product vision to life through research, design, prototyping, and usability testing. You will work closely with the engineering to validate product ideas with our customers, and design solutions that are intuitive and simple to use (which is particularly important due to the average age of our customers).
As part of this role you will:
- own the next generation end-of-life platform and work closely with product and engineering to realise user and business outcomes
- validate UX decisions in the most pragmatic way (e.g., talking to our frontline, user research, usability testing)
- provide necessary design assets and guidance for delivering high-quality experiences
- constantly review user behaviour and make UX adjustments as needed to ensure the customer experience is maximised
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years experience working as a product designer on digital products and services in a similar role
- You’re an expert at using modern design tools - Sketch, Invision, Figma etc
- You are skilled in both UX and UI, and creating user flows, wireframes and low and high-fidelity prototypes
- You're scrappy, pragmatic and enjoy identifying the quickest path to getting our MLP (minimum lovable product) into market, knowing when we need customer research and usability testing vs when to deviate from process/principles
- You're an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with others to find the best "customer back" solution, yet humble enough to realise you're not the sole voice of the customer and that the best solution often involves trade-offs
- You have excellent time management skills, attention to detail and high follow-through
- Ideally you will experience working with a scale up / VC funded company
What's in it for you?
- Ability to own a product that will have an outsized impact on customers (who will use our product at one of the most difficult times of their lives)
- A genuinely friendly, supportive environment - people love what they do at Bare
- Flexible working environment and lots of autonomy
- Amazing opportunities for personal growth, promotion, and career development (we're growing extremely quickly, and you're joining on the ground floor)
- Competitive remuneration package with performance bonuses
- The ability to make a real difference - our customers are incredibly grateful for the service we provide
If you're excited by uncertainty, challenge and novelty and ready to step charge you're career and grow alongside us - and believe in the impact we're having - click the apply button to submit your application, including both a CV and a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.