Posted on Monday, November 8, 2021
Bare is focused on bringing end-of-life planning into the digital age and, along the way, making a real impact on people at a time in their lives that really matters.
A brief overview
Since launching in 2019 we've grown exponentially. Bare started out as a direct-to-consumer funeral home offering a digitally enabled, low cost funeral service. We've since expanded to become Australia's leading provider of prepaid funerals, online wills, online estate planning and pet funerals. Our vision is to become the end-of-life CRM, supporting individuals and families deal with a difficult topic in an empathic, affordable and sustainable way.
The exciting part? The journey has only just started. We are backed by some of Australia's highest profile investors, are currently one of the fastest growing companies in Australia, and we're committed to making a difference. Join us on the ground floor, and be intimately involved in the creation and development of a product that is category-leading.
Bare Frontend Engineer
What you can expect in a Frontend Engineer role at Bare:
- Develop features and shape the Bare product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders (Backend, Design, etc.) to iterate on new features within the Bare product.
- Collaborate with other frontend engineers and help define our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Confidently ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Work within a 100% remote, cross functional product team to make a real difference - our customers are incredibly grateful for the service we provide.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organisation.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organisation.
- Caring about high-engineering quality, and how to marry that with a high and sustainable development speed.
- a Bachelor's degree in Computer Programming or a relevant field.