Senior Front-End Engineer
Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer specializing in building React-based user interfaces & design systems.
This role will join a team supporting Product Design and Engineering by building, maintaining, and enhancing Bugcrowd’s design infrastructure (https://bugcrowd.design/) for fellow developers and end users alike.
*Please note we are only accepting US candidates on the West Coast & AUS candidates for this role
What you’ll be doing:
Build it like you own it — you will co-own and help lead Bugcrowd’s Design System.
Specifically, you will:
- Build and maintain design infrastructure to empower teams to build scalable, inclusively designed user interfaces, balancing user and developer experience (DX).
- Build and maintain reusable UI components using functional React, TypeScript, semantic HTML and SCSS that are accessible, responsive, and performant.
- Build and maintain frontend UI component unit tests.
- Collaboratively write, edit, and maintain both design and developer documentation.
- Provide empathetic technical guidance, pairing opportunities, and both regular code and design reviews.
- Coordinate with wider Engineering, Product, and Product Design to compose and prioritize solutions which support the Product Roadmap and DX.
- Propose, prototype, and document systematic solutions to scaling inclusive design and their implementations.
- Work with your engineering manager in 1:1s to build your team and career.
What you should know
- You’ve built and scaled design systems
- Empathy for end users is fundamental to your software engineering practices
- You’ve got passion for the web as a medium
- You’re a proponent of progressive enhancement, teaching and applying its principles
- You’ve built responsive applications using a mobile-first methodology and can explain why
- You proactively test features and solutions in varying user agents, assistive technologies, and devices
- Quick prototyping or “sketching in the browser” feels natural to you
- You’re proficient using React
- You’ve used React Testing Library
- You’re familiar with TypeScript
- You can write and maintain semantic HTML
- You’ve extended HTML with ARIA
- You’ve got a strong familiarity with CSS and have used a preprocessor language (eg. SCSS)
- You comfortably use Git to support a collaborative development model
- You’ve written and meticulously maintained technical documentation
- You’re good at working remotely, whilst collaborating with others worldwide both synchronously and asynchronously.
Pay Range Disclosure
The base pay range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to Qualifications, Geographical Location, Education/certifications, Experience, Skill Sets, Training, and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the current range for the position of Senior Front-End Engineer is: $90,801 - $130,068 USD.
This position may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary bonus program or commission plan, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- We use an agile development methodology, but we’re not dogmatic about it. It’s meant to empower, not impose.
- Bugcrowd was founded in Australia, so expect a few Aussies here in SF, as well as our Sydney office. Vegemite’s in the kitchen, but not mandatory.
- We come from all over though: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Features ship to users every single day. We deploy multiple times daily.
- Opportunities to attend relevant conferences.
- Flexible vacation time
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include identity verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.
A supportive, collaborative group of people who understand that success depends on the team.
Bugcrowd is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?