Senior Backend Developer
CAIS is a fintech firm on a mission to build the first truly open marketplace for alternative investments. We are a rapidly growing, high-energy, and collaborative group looking for people with great attitudes, grit, and creative problem-solving skills. Join us in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Developer to join our growing Technology team at CAIS. This role will report to our Managing Director of Product Engineering, and is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining new and existing applications that span across our portal and platform, and/or CAIS IQ. This is a hands-on position for a candidate with a demonstrated track record of software development and execution excellence. The ideal candidate is a strong cross-functional communicator with a proven ability to solve open-ended problems in an elegant, scalable manner. They possess creativity, flexibility and the drive to consistently deliver on mission critical projects with tight timelines and competing priorities. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their technical skills, solve tangible problems and propel innovation within our industry.
- Computer science or software engineering degree OR relevant industry experience
- 5+ years experience working as a full-time software developer
- Working within a cross-functional agile software delivery team
- Working with local and remote geographically dispersed teams
- Delivering software solutions for mission critical applications
- Designing and delivering cloud native applications and solutions
- Working in environments that implement CI/CD
- Previous financial services experience
- 5+ years developing Java / Kotlin server-side applications
- Open to learning and using Kotlin as a replacement for Java
- Strong multi-threading and concurrent programming knowledge
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Security, etc.
- Experience with asynchronous message driven systems using Kafka or similar technologies
- Strong proficiency with Unix/Linux based systems
- Relational database design: Design effective schema and creating and understanding potentially complex SQL
- Experience designing and delivering REST based APIs
- Ability to create fully automated tests suites across the test pyramid
- Gradle / Maven build tools
- Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS or other cloud provider
- Experience with GitHub Actions
Something looks off?