Vice President, Corporate Strategy
The Corporate strategy team is at the forefront of CAIS business leadership initiatives, serving as a key driver of value creation. As a Corporate Strategy team member at CAIS, you can expect to work alongside cross-functional leaders to drive strategic initiatives, contribute expertise, synthesize recommendations, and re-orient analysis, as necessary. In addition, you will contribute to CAIS intellectual capital in the alternative space, defining industry thinking, and helping build CAIS’s brand as a leader in the industry. We deliver high value creation, challenge ourselves to create tangible content and recommendations, not simply presentations or ideas. We are focused on insights, impact, and innovation to help the business take action to scale and execute more efficiently. We foster a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative environment that emphasizes problem solving, leadership, communication, and technical skills, creating opportunities for team members to learn and grow.
- 6-10 years of experience in a top tier management consulting environment with experience driving large-scale transformations, and a history of excellent client service (core consulting skills are critically important in this role).
- Depth in a particular industry vertical is a plus (e.g. Alternatives products and funds, RIAs, independent wealth managers, and family offices etc).
- Strong organizational skills and an analytic mindset. Must be able to understand and employ a variety of analytical tools to study markets and market segments, develop frameworks and hypotheses, quantify strategic options, and assess their effectiveness.
- Strong servant leadership qualities with the ability to harness cross-functional teams in order to deliver against business objectives.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills. Ability to synthesize the team’s work into recommendations for presentation to C-level audience and deliver oral and written reports to executive committees.
- Strong analytical skills, solid business acumen and problem-solving ability. High capacity for strategic/end-to-end thinking.
- Proven experience developing business cases, managing the end-to-end product lifecycle, determining the product vision and roadmap, delivering strong customer experiences, and managing stakeholder interactions.
- Intellectual curiosity, coupled with a drive to figure things out, get things done, and have an impact at the organizational level.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. Must be able to track multiple deliverables and priorities, and seamlessly shift gears to address new developments and issues as they emerge.
- History of building credibility and relationships with leaders, technical and non-technical people to align on strategy, inspire stakeholders, and execute on a day-to-day basis. The ability to work with and lead multi-disciplinary teams will be vital to success.
- 6+ years of experience in a management consulting role within financial services; strategy experience within the alternatives space, platforms solutions and/or large scale transformations strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, or a related discipline required
- Highly specialized understanding of Alternative Investment accounting and operations
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and learns quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Client-first mentality with ability to manage and anticipate, client expectations and requests
- Strong commitment to continuous professional development and improvement of the team
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Powerpoint, Excel)
CAIS’ compensation package includes a market competitive salary, a performance bonus, and exceptional benefits. For candidates located in New York, New York, the base salary range for this role is $140,500 - $195,750. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location.
CAIS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental and vision insurance, an employer matched retirement plan, wellness programs, and generous PTO and parental leave. Additionally, CAIS offers a flexible, hybrid in-office model; for most roles, we do not require a minimum number of days in office per week. For more information on our benefits and career opportunities, please visit our website: https://www.caisgroup.com/careers.