CAIS is building the first truly open marketplace for alternative investments, where financial advisors and asset managers can engage and transact directly on a massive scale. CAIS provides financial advisors with a broad selection of alternative investment strategies, including hedge funds, private equity, private credit, real estate, digital assets, and structured notes, allowing them to capitalize on opportunities and/or withstand ever-changing markets. Additionally, CAIS provides an industry leading learning system, CAIS IQ, that helps advisors learn faster, remember longer and improve client outcomes.
CAIS is in search of an experienced Legal Counsel to join our team. Reporting directly to our General Counsel, this high impact position will play a pivotal role in expanding the firm’s tech enabled solutions business. The ideal candidate brings expertise across a variety of technology related contracts, including software licensing agreements (SaaS/PaaS), integration / API agreements, technology vendor agreements, data privacy, as well as technology related procurement agreements and corporate best practices. The ideal candidate is a collaborative business partner to cross-functional teams (Marketing, Solutions Sales, Technology, Operations), and legal and compliance colleagues – and is no stranger to negotiating contracts with sophisticated organizations within the financial services industry. There is an opportunity here to have tremendous impact by safeguarding the firm as we expand the scope of technology initiatives and commercialize technology.
- Technology & Commercial Transaction Agreements: Review, draft, and negotiate a wide spectrum of technology agreements, including B2B software licensing (SaaS/PaaS) agreements, software development contracts, licensing agreements, integration/ API agreements, application hosting agreements, data processing agreements (DPAs), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs).
- Procurement Contracts: Draft and negotiate procurement contracts with technology vendors, professional and consulting services, technology outsourcing, business process outsourcing, and other IT-related services.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Assess contract revisions, provide expert risk assessments, and suggest alternative approaches to mitigate risks. Your expertise will be critical in safeguarding the company's interests.
- Advise on data privacy matters: Including compliance initiatives (GDPR, CCPA, VaCDPA, CPA, CTDPA, and UCPA), privacy program development and maintenance, agreements (DPAs, Asset Purchase Agreements, etc.), and incident response.
- Internal Stakeholder Support: Provide timely and commercially minded solutions to internal stakeholder teams. Address various contract agreements, including those concerning data privacy and security matters, support with RFPs and DDQs, etc.
- The candidate must be licensed to practice law in the state in which they reside.
- 6+ years of legal experience as a practicing attorney, with a strong background in technology transactions, commercial contracts, and financial services.
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex global technology agreements, including SaaS agreements, API agreements, vendor agreements and DPAs required.
- Experience working in the Fintech industry. Previous provision of contracting services to Broker Dealers, Registered Investment Advisors, Fund Administrators, Custodians, Reporting Aggregators, TAMPS, or Alternative Asset Managers would be a significant advantage.
- Focus on relationship building, and working with colleagues to devise pragmatic solutions, focusing on critical tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment and provide commercially minded solutions.
CAIS’ compensation package includes a market competitive salary, a performance bonus, and exceptional benefits. For candidates located in New York, New York, the base salary range for this role is $170,000 - $225,000. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location.
CAIS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental and vision insurance, an employer matched retirement plan, wellness programs, and generous PTO and parental leave. Additionally, CAIS offers a flexible, hybrid in-office model; for most roles, we do not require a minimum number of days in office per week. For more information on our benefits and career opportunities, please visit our website: https://www.caisgroup.com/careers.
CAIS is consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, and our culture is at the heart of our success. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where employees can be their most authentic selves and feel inspired and supported to bring their voice forward to drive community, growth, and innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at https://www.caisgroup.com/our-company/careers.