Community & Facilities Coordinator
Cicada Innovations Incubator
Community & Facilities Coordinator - Health Tech Hub
Westmead location - Fulltime Role
Have you made a career out of excellent client service? Are you passionate about working with people and having an impact? Do you get your energy from being efficient and smart about how you work? Are you a team player with an eye for seeing where your team needs support and do you have the initiative to fill those gaps?
If you’re nodding as you read this, then this job is for you! An exciting position has opened up at Cicada Innovations, Australia’s leading and globally awarded deep tech incubator. We are looking for the perfect candidate to fulfill the key Community & Facilities Coordinator role at Cicada’s new Health Tech Hub located on the Westmead Health Precinct. The Health Tech Hub will host innovative creators, founders, and start-up teams, as well as a wealth of community-cultivating events and educational programs. We are looking for someone with a “no task is too small” attitude, with an eye for details, who is unafraid to roll up their sleeves and throw themselves at every challenge with enthusiasm.
You’ll be managing the day-to-day activities supporting biotech startups (that’s a community of about 50 residents, all working on solutions to tackle some of the most pressing health problems facing humankind). You will be the first point of contact when people enter the building, provide reception and support for our residents and take charge of the office and administrative duties to ensure high standards and housekeeping.
Your main responsibilities will include:-
● Client service/reception duties: guest greeting and fielding enquiries, managing mail and deliveries to and from the building, managing meeting rooms, providing tech support for printers and other systems, assisting with billing when required.
● Facility management: Organising general facility upkeep, opening and closing office duties, consumables and stationary orders, photocopier and teleconferencing system upkeep.
● Working with building facilities management, contractors and suppliers: ensuring the facility is managed in accordance with landlord requirements including visitor registration, facility inductions, reporting, development and management of internal processes and protocols.
● Other general support: Ad hoc requests from residents, troubleshooting, dealings with suppliers
This is full-time on-site position and there will be limited opportunities for “hybrid” working.
You’ll be perfect for this role if you:
● Have 3-5 years experience in a client service role - i.e. office administration, reception, front of house, hospitality or related field
● Love working with people and supporting a fast-moving team
● Are a self-starter and comfortable taking the initiative to get things done
● Manage your time extremely well and can multitask without letting things fall through the cracks
● Enjoy a challenge and variety
● Pride yourself on strong attention to detail and the quality of your work
● Have excellent written and verbal communication
● Positive, ‘can do’ attitude
Thank you for your interest in working with us. If you are shortlisted for an interview, we will be in touch shortly.