Community & Facilities Coordinator
Cicada Innovations Incubator
Do you get your energy from creating workplaces and events where people feel supported, invigorated, and engaged? Have you made a career out of excellent client service? Are you passionate about working with people and having an impact?
If you’re nodding as you read this, then this job is for you! Cicada Innovations, Australia’s leading deep tech incubator, is looking for the perfect candidate for the key Community & Facilities Coordinator role at Cicada’s new Health Tech Hub located on the Westmead Health Precinct. The Health Tech Hub will host innovative creators, founders, and start-up teams, as well as a wealth of community-cultivating events and educational programs.
You’ll be managing the day-to-day activities supporting biotech startups (that’s a community of about 50 residents, all working on solutions to tackle some of the most pressing health problems facing humankind). You will be the first point of contact when people enter the building, provide reception and facility support and take charge of the engagement and events for our residents.
This is full-time on-site position and there will be limited opportunities for hybrid working.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Everything front-of-house: acting as a concierge for guests, managing mail and deliveries to and from the building, managing meeting rooms, providing tech support for printers and other systems, and assisting with billing when required.
- Community engagement: you will foster a sense of community and engagement with our residents. You will be a natural at bringing people together, making our residents feel supported, and making every guest feel welcomed.
- Events: supported by our central Marketing & Events team, you will be on point for flawless execution of events - from educational programs to industry nights, workshops and social engagements.
- Facility management: Organising general facility upkeep, opening and closing office duties, consumables and stationary orders, photocopier and teleconferencing system upkeep.
- Other general support: Ad hoc requests from residents, troubleshooting, dealings with suppliers, and anticipating needs of residents & guests.
You’ll be perfect for this role if you:
- Have a few years experience in a client service oriented role - this could be office administration, hospitality, events or a related field
- You are a natural communicator, love working with people and pride yourself on anticipating the needs of others
- Our Westmead facility is still new. You will be a self-starter and comfortable taking the initiative to get things done and create process where needed.
- Manage your time extremely well and can multitask without letting things fall through the cracks
- Enjoy challenge and variety
- Pride yourself on strong attention to detail and the quality of your work
- Have excellent written and verbal communication
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude