Business Development Director
EVERY™, based in Daly City, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
We are seeking a driven Business Development Director to join our team in the Bay Area. You will collaborate with our VP, Senior BD Manager, and Head of Commercial to boost sales of our innovative egg protein solutions. If you have 1+ years of BD experience, strong communication skills, and a passion for plant-based foods, this is your chance to help a mission-driven firm achieve ambitious growth targets.
What you'll accomplish:
- Execute cutting-edge BD strategies to onboard new customers and maximize existing relationships
- Research target markets and identify revenue opportunities in the plant-based space
- Prepare stellar presentations to showcase our egg protein value prop
- Lead discovery calls and negotiations to close enterprise deals
- Track prospect progress in CRM and optimize sales processes
- Monitor industry trends and competitor movements to inform strategy
- Partner with sales, marketing, and leadership to align on growth goals
- Represent our brand at major food industry and startup events
- Help drive sustainability-focused partnerships and brand collaborations
What you'll bring (required):
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 1+ years of BD experience (food industry preferred)
- Strong communication and presentation abilities
- The relationship-building skills to establish strategic partnerships
Self-motivation and proven ability to hit targets
- CRM proficiency and analytical approach
- Passion for plant-based, sustainable food
Why you’ll love it here:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Weekly catered lunches
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 10+ paid company holidays per year
- Free parking and unlimited gym access
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and opportunity to directly speak with CEO and leadership
- Close to Daly City BART
Pay Range: $141,000 - $161,000
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
Dedication to Diversity
EVERY is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We want our workplace to enable productivity and meaningful work for individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.