Senior Process Engineer (Pilot Plant Shift Lead)
EVERY™, based in Daly City, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
We are looking for a Bioprocess SME USP Operations Engineer that has a passion to build, improve and lead operation teams. In this role, you will be responsible for the bioreactor and downstream operations, supervise Bioprocess Engineers, troubleshoot operational issues, implement new processes to improve workflows and create robust processes.
What you'll accomplish:
- Coordinate daily operations of the upstream & downstream processes in the pilot plant, using effective communication and judgment to make appropriate decisions, troubleshoot, and adhere to the schedule with minimal oversight.
- Ensure excellent communication with other shifts, support resources, project teams, and management. Including leading handover meetings, escalating issues, and providing status updates.
- Investigate and resolve problems on the floor during the run, identify root causes, and propose process improvements.
- Manage tasks using Asana and load-level staff assignments. Including executing operations when required.
- Implement efficient operational techniques and promote standard work across the department.
- Ensure smooth operation of all utilities required in the pilot plant
- Become a subject matter expert, author SOPs, BMR’s and act as a qualified trainer for procedures.
- Ensures all staff are trained and executes work according to procedures.
- Mentors and manages staff, promoting staff development and collaborative relationships.
- Champion a safety culture on and off the floor ensuring team members are adhering to proper safety protocols
- Analyze and present data effectively to the team and the manager
- Present analysis & present process recommendations to project stakeholders
- Ability to work in pilot plant settings stand for extended periods of time and lift 40 lbs.
What you'll bring (required):
- 5+ years of industry experience, working in microbial fermentation, manufacturing/pilot-plant operations, and experience troubleshooting processes.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemical, mechanical engineering, or a related field.
- In-depth cell physiology understanding in relation to precision fermentation &
- In-depth understanding of stainless steel bioreactor P&ID, preferably New
- 3+ years of experience managing, leading, and mentoring staff
- Strong communicator, detail-oriented, organized, and proactive.
- Experience handling complex systems and toggling between tasks smoothly
Nice to have:
- Downstream protein purification experience
- Ability to troubleshoot in-house utility systems such as boilers
Why you’ll love it here:
- Comprehensive benefits: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Tasty perks: Weekly catered lunches
- Customizable options: FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Work-life harmony: Flexible PTO and 10+ paid company holidays per year
- Onsite conveniences: Free parking and unlimited gym access
- Energizing refreshments: Unlimited sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Exciting socials: Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Open communication: Monthly all-hands meetings and direct access to CEO and leadership
- Ideal location: Close to Daly City BART and Caltrain stations
Pay Range: $119,989 - $122,55
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
Dedication to Diversity
EVERY is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We want our workplace to enable productivity and meaningful work for individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.