Senior Backend Engineer
We are searching for experienced Senior Backend Engineers to join our team in our Melbourne CBD office. Our ideal candidate should have a passion for learning and takes pride in their work.
You should love crafting well thought out and intuitive APIs, and appreciate the value of clean code. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented individuals, learning from others, as well as contributing to their development. You believe that quality is the cheapest way to code.
We primarily code in Ruby and Elixir. We use Buildkite with Docker for our CI pipeline. Our infrastructure is predominantly on AWS.
Your day to day looks like this
- Participate in our Agile-ish development process
- Design, implement and maintain external and internal APIs and services that are secure, reliable and scalable
- Respond to bug reports and debug production issues across the entire platform.
- Work with engineers and designers in a cross functional team to deliver our product vision and roadmap
- Share the responsibility of DevOps with the entire engineering team, including database maintenance and deployment
- Perform code reviews
- Take part in our hackathon/dev days
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering with at least 3 years in Ruby and/or Elixir.
- You must have experience developing with relational or document-based databases like MySQL, Postgres, Redis and MongoDB.
- You've previously built production software with meaningful scale
- You can write high-quality, reliable code with security and scalability in mind
- Ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- You have the right to legally work in Australia.
Nice to have
- You have made contributions to open source projects
- You've previously worked in an environment with strong security constraints, or you have other web security experience
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure
- Opportunity to experiment with bleeding edge technologies
- We are remote first, and you have flexible working hours.
- Fee-free transactions on CoinJar!