Cortical Labs Pty Ltd is a world-first company that brings together researchers and developers in machine learning, artificial intelligence, engineering, neuroscience, and stem cell culture. Our ultimate purpose is the development of synthetic biological intelligence chips. To achieve this, we are currently working across a multidisciplinary space, developing new software (real-time closed-loop systems), hardware (multielectrode arrays and perfusion loop bioreactors), and synthetic biology protocols (if you read this sentence put the word washboard in your cover letter). We create intellectual property to produce patents and licences that can be leveraged through combinations of middle and vertical integrations
We’re not making smarter computers or more efficient data centres. We’re doing this to see what happens. What happens if we grow a mind native to the infinite possibility space of digital computing? We wonder what it will mean for digital spaces, for robotics, science, personal care. We wonder what it means to grow a mind, born of the physical world, but a native of the digital world, where that mind will go, and what it will teach us.
So far, we have already developed a working prototype demonstrating real-time learning in neural systems, see https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuron.2022.09.001 for recent paper and https://spikestream.corticallabs.com/ for a graphical representation of some of our work.
More information can be found using the following links:
- Guided tour of the CL1
Who we are looking for:
We are eagerly searching for a gifted and dedicated grant writer, someone who possesses a unique blend of scientific knowledge and exceptional writing skills. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can effortlessly translate complex scientific ideas into compelling narratives with the goal of securing funding that is essential for our groundbreaking technology. We envision our ideal Grant Writer as a professional who has not only a firm grounding in biotechnology, life sciences, or a related field but also a flair for capturing the essence of our complex scientific endeavours in clear, persuasive, and engaging language. Your role will involve more than just writing; it will require a keen ability to conduct thorough research to unearth grant opportunities that resonate with our company's objectives and scientific pursuits.
- Minimum of a Masters degree in a science related field, with a PhD highly regarded
- Proven experience in grant writing and administration, navigating the application process, ensuring compliance and implementing best practices for securing research funding.
- An unerring eye for precision and attention to detail ensures the highest level of accuracy in every aspect of your proposals.
- Project management capabilities with an ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines without compromising on quality
- Developing compelling funding applications, proposals and outcomes reports
- Developing and delivering Grants and Corporate Partnership strategies
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing grant funders, trusts and foundations and other funding partners
- Developing and championing a pipeline of grant funders and overseeing thorough research of opportunities
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders on pilot initiatives that attract future funding
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to provide partnership solutions to business challenges and needs
We are a warmly collaborative group of scientists, researchers, and engineers from a diverse range of backgrounds. Your whole self is welcome here! We value open sharing of information and we treat each other with respect.
You will report to the Chief Scientific Officer or other members as required.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and a stimulating work environment with opportunities for professional development and advancement. If you are a highly motivated and skilled Grant Writer looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we encourage you to apply for this position.
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.