Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
We are looking for a mid-level back-end focussed Engineer to join our Reporting Services team in our Engagement camp (camps are what we call our product teams, we also call our employees campers!). This is an exciting opportunity to work on our backend services that power the reporting features in our flagship engagement product. We've been busy pulling in reporting data from around the organisation, and now we're updating our service architecture to ensure reporting services scale as we grow.
In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Collaborate with others to maintain and enhance our reporting services
- Create clean, scaleable, testable solutions using technologies like Kotlin and Kafka
- Enjoy primarily working back-end, but be willing to work full-stack when required
- Experience with programming fundamentals, software engineering principles, and testing strategies
- Experience with either Kotlin, Java, Ruby, TypeScript, Go, C#, or C++ will be highly desirable
- Exposure to designing, building and maintaining backend services (ideally data-intensive backend services in production)
- Someone who values empathy and kindness and be able to articulate your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking, and be open to the perspectives others bring
- Someone who collaborates with others to solve challenging problems
- Someone who continuously learns to improve their code and craft
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.