Engineering Lead - Platform
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
Culture Amp is a rapidly growing company empowering our customers to build Culture First companies. Our market-leading, category-defining Engagement product has been the engine of our success. In 2019, we added an award winning performance management solution to our portfolio. These two products together enable us to deliver highly differentiated, powerful and industry-leading capabilities to our customers.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Team Lead to lead our Data Services team, a cross-functional team responsible for our core data sharing platform (i.e. Kafka) and the associated developer tooling and experience. Our goal is to make the sharing of data between our modules cheap, easy, and frictionless. The ability to share data between our modules is critical to our future success.
In this high impact role, you will guide a team of senior engineers and SREs in maturing the core data sharing platform (i.e. Kafka), continuous improvement of the developer experience, and uplifting teams, and the engineers within those teams, in the area of producing, consuming, and transforming data.
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, which are remote-friendly, and embrace flexible work arrangements. You’ll be surrounded by talented engineers and SREs eager to both learn from you and teach you through your journey as a Team Lead.
- Mentor and develop a team of engineers and SREs, fostering their growth.
- Ensure we are connected with our (internal) customers, prioritize and align the roadmap with their needs, sequence the initiatives, and share plans with stakeholders.
- Contribute to technical conversations and design sessions to create innovative technical solutions which balance tradeoffs to deliver on business needs.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions with your team, peers, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product to define and achieve both technical and product vision goals.
- Experience leading, supporting, and growing senior engineers.
- Solid understanding and experience in designing/architecting and building distributed systems.
- Experience managing stakeholders.
- Exposure to Kafka would be valuable, but not essential.
- A technical leader who can support empowered senior engineers with a servant leader mindset..
- Comfortable working in the area of data sharing and distributed systems.
- Open to receiving feedback and giving feedback to help others grow.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.