Senior Product Manager - Data
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
Please note: this role can be based in either Melbourne or Sydney
How you can help make a better world of work
We’re on the look out for a Senior Product Manager to work on our core Engagement product to help unlock the power of our data for internal and external customers. This is a high impact role that will establish the foundations and future of our data product.This role is for an experienced product manager who loves complex data structures and challenges, and also the people and processes around data.
You will be a strategic thinker who can identify, articulate, and solve challenges related to capturing, accessing, transforming, extracting, and integrating data, but also an action-oriented product manager, transforming these solutions into delivery.
You will be working with two engineering teams as we update our company-wide data strategy and approach, and will play an integral role in ensuring we do this in a way that meets internal and external customer needs.
In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Develop the data product strategy of our core product, including metrics of success and identifying KPIs to track
- Create and maintain the data product roadmap, keeping it aligned to company and technology goals while meeting customer needs
- Collaborate with other camps and teams to understand their data requirements and ensuring that there is a continuous feedback loop between all stakeholders, customers, and teams
- Work with stakeholders to ensure data product and strategy is aligned with long-term company approach
- Work with People Science to deeply understand what kind of insights our data can drive, and translating this into product requirements
- Collaborate with data engineers and scientists to make the data useful and usable
- Manage data privacy, compliance, and sovereignty, including risk management, and how we handle, manage, and erase data
- Ensure product management best practices are followed, such as participating in team ceremonies, planning, and delivery
- Work alongside technical experts to identify and unblock our data product approach
- Staying current with industry trends or best practices so we have a competitive product
- Significant experience in product management (or similar). Experience working in roles relating to data, growth, APIs, or AI is a plus
- Research skills. Systematically collect qualitative and quantitative inputs, draw on sharp analytical skills, intuition and empathy to find non-obvious patterns, and distill it all into actionable insights.
- A keen Interest in Platform Product Manager roles with both external and internal focus: working with partners, having direct customer impact and enabling roadmaps of other teams
- Exceptional collaboration abilities and thrive working with a cross-functional team, and be supported with strong technical expertise. Given the remit, will also need to collaborate with other product managers and technical leads to align on the highest impact opportunities.
- A problem solver, with a curious mindset that drives you to ask and answer the ‘why’
- A highly skilled communicator and able to influence key decisions when you need to.
- Someone who loves to engage and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholders to achieve shared understanding and vision.
- Deeply curious and passionate about people and culture. At heart, you're what we call a people geek!
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here / https://www.cultureamp.com/company/antiracism.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.