Senior Engineer - Survey Design
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
We have an exciting opportunity for a front-end-leaning full-stack Senior Engineer to join Team Survey Design, a cross-functional team responsible for our survey product. Our goal is to help companies (our customers) craft quality surveys that result in useful insights used to make meaningful changes to their workplace culture.
Team Survey Design has recently reimagined how the survey design process operates, and is embarking on an exciting roadmap of significant enhancements to Culture Amp’s most highly-trafficked product.
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight agile teams, which are remote-friendly, and embrace flexible work arrangements. You’ll be surrounded by other talented engineers who love to teach and learn. Our team is composed of engineers, a product manager, and a designer all working in unison to reach shared goals.
As part of this team of amazing humans,
- Write clean, scalable, testable code and love working as a front-end-leaning full-stack engineer
- Coach other developers in the team - you love to share your knowledge
- Collaborate with other engineers in your team through pair programming, writing solution designs, and providing feedback on pull requests, to build shared understanding of your work
- Share knowledge from your team with other engineers via documentation, practice meetings, etc.
- Partner with other engineers across teams to understand how changes you make positively impact their domains
- Maintain and support the services your team is responsible for. Ensure our systems are secure, observable and understand services in production, and refactor and improve existing code to assist our customers
- Work closely with our Rails monolith to extract legacy UI’s into modern distributed frontends built in React
- Solid experience with programming fundamentals, software engineering principles and testing strategies
- Desirable but not essential: experience with Ruby and/or Rails, Next.js or similar, StoryBook, React Testing Library or similar, build tooling like Weback/Vite, Tailwind CSS
- Experience building web-based software applications with scalability, security, and maintenance in mind
- Experience evolving existing systems to make them simpler, more observable, and more maintainable
- Someone who loves collaboration - our teams are cross functional and you’ll be working with other engineers, team leads and product managers to deliver great outcomes together
- Keen to learn from those around you and also love to share you knowledge with the team, you have a growth mind-set
- You’re aligned with our values, check them out here: https://www.cultureamp.com/company#values and demonstrate them through your working practice
- You’re self-motivated and can work independently. You take the initiative to ensure that you have everything you need to work efficiently and call for support when required
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
- Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.