Lead Analytics Engineer
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
Culture Amp is looking for an exceptional Lead Analytics Engineer, based out of Melbourne but supporting our global business and working closely with a cross functional group of Data Professionals.
This is the only role of its kind within the Org group and as such you will be entrusted with working closely with various Operational teams, such as Finance, P&E, IT to build the function from the ground up.
Due to the highly collaborative nature of this position and the growth trajectory we are on, it would suit someone who is autonomous and comfortable with a wide range of data initiatives that enable us to scale. These could range from financial reporting metrics to headcount growth forecasting and other Enterprise Data initiatives.
- Demonstrated capability working with and managing complex data workloads
- Superior ability to build relationships and work well across functions
- Extensive data modeling experience, preferably with dbt. Knowledge of dimensional modeling concepts is highly regarded.
- Highly competent in SQL, using modern big data systems like Redshift, Presto or Spark
- Data governance, particular schema and taxonomy management. You’ve worked collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure accurate data and have proactively identified problems with instrumentation or other data quality issues.
- Whilst not essential, experience working with and building dashboards in Looker would be advantageous.
- A lateral thinker with a keen eye for detail and you naturally analyse assumptions
- Extremely comfortable in ambiguity
- Great at communicating with both technical and non-technical people
- Thorough & Meticulous
- Excellent at identifying problems that have the highest value for stakeholders
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.