Business Systems Lead/ Manager
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
Special Note: You MUST be located currently, or willing to relocate to our San Francisco Hub Office (or surrounding area) to be considered for this position!
How you can help make a better world of work
You are an experienced Salesforce and business systems professional with a track record of managing teams that deliver enhancements consistently as well as high-impact transformational projects. You excel in developing and scaling core CRM processes like quote to cash and contract lifecycle management and will be able to set and work towards a GTM systems vision that can support us well beyond our current 6500+ customers and 1000 employees. While we will value your experience, we appreciate a willingness to explore new approaches and adapt from previous ways of working and you show this in your passion for understanding stakeholder requirements and your delivered solutions. You showcase your expertise not just through your knowledge and work completed but also by adeptly collaborating with internal teams like security and privacy, external contractors, consultants and vendor’s professional services teams.
You've successfully led and grown Business Systems teams composed of members whose work resembles that of Salesforce Admins, Developers, Engineers, Analysts, and Architects. You understand the unique strengths and varied contributions each of these roles bring and are flexible in how to obtain them either via external consultants or in collaboration with other internal teams. You’ve built delivery frameworks for your teams and stakeholders that they are able to follow and see the benefit from. In doing this, you are able to prioritize incoming requests but also proactively create space to deliver your own suggested process improvements or tackle tech debt. You care deeply about the solutions you and your team build and have a track record of partnering with Ops and Enablement teams in order to create and support the adoption of new processes beyond UAT.
This role is somewhat different from a classic systems role, in that you will be able to advise on our broader GTM technology ecosystem (Hubspot, Intercom, Vitally etc.) and partner deeply with our analytics team to thoughtfully make use of our data platform which uses tools like dbt and Census/Hightouch to surface disparate data back into the CRM. There will be plenty of time to develop Salesforce for various initiatives, but you will strategically utilize the flexibility of the company data warehouse in order to keep the SFDC environment lean and focussed on supporting its key stakeholders and daily active users.
- Manage and grow a team of business systems professionals
- Deliver transformational projects that impact cohorts of hundreds of users and require you to work with external consultants over longer periods of time.
- Partner with central teams like IT, security, privacy and legal to develop our systems in a compliant manner and adhere to data governance standards.
- Provide a vision for our salesforce platform architecture and design patterns. For example how we should be using flows/declarative automation or code instead.
- Support the entire application lifecycle from requirements gathering, solution design, development, UAT, roll out and then maintenance and support.
- Grow and evolve our deal desk strategy to eventually process thousands of transactions a month
- Mature our dev-ops processes by evolving our approaches to change management, version control and dependency mapping
- Previous experience in a systems-focussed role mentoring and growing a team of salesforce and business systems professionals (aka you MUST have people leader experience)
- Deep experience with various Salesforce products/solutions with an emphasis on Sales Cloud and CPQ and associated CLM products. (aka SFDC expertise and experience is a MUST)
- A proven ability to deliver complicated and technical projects involving multiple stakeholders within a business that impacts hundreds of end users.
- Managed complicated intake processes that spans multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of agile philosophy and scrum methodologies
- Detail oriented, organized and have an eye for detail particularly in the context of building complicated business systems and seeing longer term implications of certain decisions.
- A team player who builds trusted relationships across various departments in a business
- Proactive in identifying areas of opportunities to gain efficiencies.
- Passionate about working with a talented and energizing group of Business systems and Rev Ops professionals
Please keep reading…
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
What we offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we take to support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this (please don't say unprecedented again!) time, make your work schedule work for you
- 14 weeks parental leave at full pay for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- MacBooks for all!
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
- Health Benefits
- And so much more!
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
We already have over 1,000 amazing Campers and we want to continue to attract exceptional people who are motivated by our mission. Our approach to compensation aligns with this value. We believe in fair & equitable pay at Culture Amp, and therefore, we build pay equity into all our programs in addition to conducting annual pay equity audits.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is listed below. The range is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual skills, capabilities and experience, objectively assessed during the interview process.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package will include additional components such as equity and benefits. For sales roles, your package may also include sales commission. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.