Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Platform
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
We are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Data Services team, a cross-functional team responsible for our core data sharing platform (i.e. Kafka) and the associated developer tooling and experience. Our goal is to make the sharing of data between our modules cheap, easy, and frictionless. The ability to share data between our modules is critical to our future success.
You will join a team of senior engineers and SREs and contribute in the maturing of the core data sharing platform (i.e. Kafka), continuous improvement of the developer experience, and uplifting teams, and the engineers within those teams, in the area of producing, consuming, and transforming data.
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, which are remote-friendly, and embrace flexible work arrangements. You’ll be surrounded by talented engineers and SREs eager to both learn from you and teach you through your journey as a Team Lead.
As a senior site reliability engineer at Culture Amp you will play a key role in our efforts to improve the scalability and reliability of our platform. Our customer base has been growing at an incredible pace, and with that comes more simultaneous users, more data sitting in our storage layer and more microservices. The mission of the SRE practice is to ensure that our infrastructure can accommodate this growth without compromising on system reliability or the user experience
A core focus of this role is to help make data acquisition easier in Culture Amp by helping maintain, evolve and scale our Amazon MSK Infrastructure and our approach for interacting with Kafka.
In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Own specific problems / design and implement solutions for those problems
- Pair with other engineers whenever possible
- Communicate directly with stakeholders when relevant to your current project
- Follow and advocate for SRE best practices
- Help onboard and up-skill more junior engineers
- Receive mentoring and support from the practice and team leadership
- Experience using Kafka
- Experience running containerised applications at scale on AWS
- Experience writing and maintaining infrastructure as code
- Good software engineering experience and would be comfortable writing and supporting client libraries, SDKs and automation code
- Willingness to learn and patience to teach
- A great communicator: you know how to collaborate and connect with the cross-functional team around you
- Passionate about following best practices and having clear plans
- Very proactive, including in asking for help sooner rather than later
- Flexible and resilient, specially when dealing with unexpected changes and issues
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.