Senior Full Stack Engineer
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our People Analytics team. We sit within the Data Intelligence Camp, where we build reporting and analytics tools for our platform, leveraging data engineering, ML engineering and data science. We're working on a brand new set of features to help HR leaders utilise data from across the Culture Amp platform to maximise and measure the impact they have on their organisations.
As part of this team of amazing humans,
- Write clean, scalable and testable code across both the back-end and front-end.
- Collaborate with other engineers through pair programming, collaborative sessions, demos and code reviews.
- Share knowledge from your team with other engineers via documentation, practice meetings, etc.
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers to leverage data to enhance the value of the products you build.
- Refactor and improve existing code to improve performance and maintainability.
- Coach and mentor other engineers to help amplify their impact.
- Solid experience with programming fundamentals, software engineering principles and testing strategies.
- Desirable but not essential: experience in data engineering; infrastructure, modeling and querying, and knowledge of or experience with AWS or similar cloud infrastructure.
- Track record of building complex web-based software applications across the full stack, with performance, scalability, security, and maintenance in mind.
- Experience evolving existing systems to make them simpler, more observable, and more maintainable.
- Someone who loves collaboration - our teams are cross functional and you’ll be working with other engineers, team leads and product managers to deliver great outcomes together.
- Keenly interested in understanding and solving customer problems. You think about how your work impacts our customers and improves their experience
- Eager to learn from those around you, and to coach and mentor others. You have a growth mindset.
- A pragmatic engineer. You ask and understand what we're optimizing for before jumping into solutions, and can comfortably balance long-term objectives with short-term tradeoffs.
- Aligned with our values, check them out here: https://www.cultureamp.com/company#values and demonstrate them through your working practice
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, comfortable dealing with ambiguity when necessary. You take the initiative to ensure that you have everything you need to work effectively and ask for support when required.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.