Software Engineer - Python
Cylite is an exciting high-tech startup company developing cutting-edge 3D optical imaging instruments for applications in ophthalmology and optometry.
The company is based in Melbourne, Australia, close to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct, and is a winner of multiple industry awards.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a software engineer, with strong Python programming skills, to assist with the development of the software systems to support manufacture and production of Cylite's Ophthalmic 3D imaging instruments
About the role:
The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic, talented and collaborative team developing the highly specialized software to support the calibration, alignment and manufacture of Cylite instruments. You will be focussed on developing the underlying web services, databases and REST APIs to support the production software systems.
- Strong Python programming skills
- Sound understanding of good software engineering principles.
- Experience with revision control (Git), ticket management and code review
- Ability to write clear, well documented code.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, or equivalent understanding
- Experience with developing and deploying Web Services and REST (FastAPI) APIs
- Experience using Python libraries for numerical processing and visualisation
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
Working at Cylite brings advantages and benefits such as:
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Contributing to a fast-growing company at the leading edge of diagnostic imaging.
- An opportunity for you to grow and learn in a friendly and supportive culture.
If you would like to apply, please forward an up-to-date copy of your resume with a covering letter highlighting the experience you consider relevant to the role. Please also include a clear indication of your availability to attend for interview and to start work.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
Cylite is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and inclusion.
Something looks off?