Customer Success Manager, SMB (Contract)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2022
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
Deputy has crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
Our Customer Success team is passionate, creative, and customer-centric. We help advise and guide a wide variety of global customers from industries like healthcare to entertainment to retail and many more. Our key focus is empowering customers to utilise Deputy’s tools to achieve strategic outcomes and help them grow their businesses into thriving workplaces. As a team we value the diverse perspectives and experiences each team member brings to the table and are looking for individuals who are passionate about having a huge part in building a best in class experience for our customers.
*12 month contract with possibility to convert to full-time
As a Customer Success Manager, SMB, you will manage the success of our Small Business customers. Your primary focus will be enabling your customers to accomplish their desired business outcomes with the Deputy platform at scale. Internally you will represent the voice of the customer and partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that we consistently deliver success to our customers. You will be responsible for driving product adoption with your customers by analysing customer data to help determine targeted outreach campaigns that drive an increase in overall platform utilisation and retention. You will find proactive opportunities to engage with your customers 1 on 1 in order to prevent churn and help drive their success. You will have close collaboration with the Sales, Product, and Marketing organisations to identify strategic growth opportunities and key customer trends.
- Build product adoption through 1 to many proactive touchpoints to customers that drive engagement. Touchpoints include but are not limited to: Webinars focused on feature adoption and best practices, email campaigns that target key customer segments, engaging video content, and many more creative ideas that you will help create and launch
- Leverage data to identify trends and opportunities to engage with customers 1 on 1 to solve adoption challenges, increase retention, uncover strategic growth opportunities, and address general customer concerns and feedback
- Focus to increase key metrics like Adoption (Utilisation Score), Net Promoter Score (NPS), Expansion, and Net Revenue Retention (NRR) across the SMB customer segment
- Advocate for the customers by representing customer feedback internally to improve customer satisfaction and success on the platform
- Be a trusted advisor to customers by consulting on Deputy and the trends in workforce management, time & attendance industry and the wider ecosystem
- Collaborate on key internal projects that evolve the Customer Success function to better meet our customers needs
- 2+ years with relevant customer-facing experience in a B2B customer success or a relationship management role, ideally from one of the following industries: SAAS, cloud, marketing, media, payroll, HR or time & attendance.
- Experience managing and driving success at scale for a large portfolio of customers
- Passionate about being the voice of the customer internally, and comfortable with working cross-functionally to drive customer outcomes
- An ability to understand client objectives and think strategically/ creatively on ways to achieve them
- Comfortable with testing new approaches to drive customer engagement and success throughout the customer lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels in a business, in particular a strong telephone presence and web presentation skills are all essential
- Strong technical aptitude, excellent computer skills, and passion for technology
- Previous use of Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to travel as needed
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now
See more open positions at Deputy
Something looks off?