Account Executive - SMB
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2022
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
Deputy has crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
As an SMB Account Executive, you will identify and qualify new opportunities to sell Deputy’s all-in-one scheduling and timekeeping solution. You will work with small to medium-sized businesses spanning our core verticals of Hospitality, Retail, and Healthcare. You will work inbound leads as well as be responsible for creating and managing your own outbound leads and pipeline. You will drive the full sales cycle from running discovery and demonstration through to negotiation and close.
What the job involves:
- You should love asking questions and learning. Running really good Discovery is the key to your success, and you will need to get to the root of problems and identify opportunities where Deputy can help customers thrive.
- Stand out by providing personalised experiences and solution demonstrations to prospective customers. A little bit of personalisation goes a long way, so let you’re passion, curiosity, and creativity shine through in your sales process.
- You will demo the Deputy solution and position yourself as the expert and the guide. You are responsible for showing how to use Deputy to simplify administration, solve staffing problems, engage employees, and save money.
- Manage your pipeline of leads and opportunities like a small business. You will work inbound leads that come through as new trials or enquiries on the website. But you will also be responsible for identifying and pursuing your own outbound leads to fill your pipe.
- Manage objections and obstacles with compassion and confidence. Listen to learn and show the customer they have been heard as a way to build trust and get to the root of problems.
- You should be organised, effectively using Salesforce.com to manage your pipeline and forecast your sales. You will also build mutual action plans to keep customers on track and deals progressing.
- You believe that working in a team yields greater outputs and collaboration is a key to your own success. You ask for feedback, value honesty, and speak thoughtfully.
- Be human. After all, we’re just a bunch of humans interacting with other humans. No robots, please.
- You tech stack includes Salesforce, Groove, Chilipiper, Drift, ZoomInfo, Postal.io, Google Suite, and LinkedIn.
- Ideally 2+ years of sales experience in a B2B SaaS sales environment. Open to eclectic backgrounds. Experience in one of our core verticals of Hospitality, Retail, or Healthcare is a plus.
- Experience in sourcing, managing and closing outbound leads
- Numbers and KPI-focused. Proven experience achieving and pushing past goals and quotas. Be able to tell the story of what you did to get the results you achieved.
- A strong mix of tenacity, compassion, and patience to help educate potential customers.
- Driven and optimistic attitude combined with an always-learning mindset. Work well under pressure and are able to amplify an already fast-paced and growing sales environment.
- Solid level of autonomy, braced by excellent communication, time-management, and prioritisation skills. Ability to successfully work independently in a non-structured environment.
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now
See more open positions at Deputy
Something looks off?