Security Operations Engineer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
We are looking for a Security Operations Engineer with a background in one or more security domains covering event detection and monitoring, security orchestration, incident response, and threat detection.
Trust is the team responsible for ensuring that the Deputy platform lives up to the high expectations of the millions of people using it everyday. We work to continually reduce risk, while ensuring that customers have an excellent experience.
You will have an opportunity to work with an amazing team and help build the team culture you have always desired. We embrace Diversity and Inclusion in our hiring process, and welcome a broad variety of skills and experiences into all our roles.
- Like many roles in scale-ups, this is a varied position that will work across multiple security domains
- The role will be focused on incident response, SIEM platform management, automating detection and response capability, building internal security tooling and developing a detection and monitoring strategy for the organisation
- There will also be plenty of opportunities to get exposed to other domains which you can ask us about in the interview
Who you are:
- Your current role doesn’t have to be 100% in security operations as long as you are passionate about automation and designing security solutions and have had the opportunity to work with and/or set up a SIEM platform in the past. You might have an infrastructure background and a good understanding of network security and are keen to specialise in security, or you might be an experienced security engineer in one of the listed domains looking to explore multiple facets of an end-to-end security program.
- You have strong experience in information security fundamentals, you have been working in the industry for a number of years, and are looking to use your skills and experience to build and influence a new security practice.
- You have a background in one or more security domains covering security event detection and monitoring, incident response, and are passionate about automating security solutions at scale.
- You love data and metrics to drive decisions.
- You are highly effective at collaborating with other areas of the business, and lead with influence rather than rely on authority.
- You have strong presentation and written documentation skills, working together requires telling a story everyone can understand.
- You are comfortable with taking on a “builder” mindset, you are ready to learn, aren’t afraid to ask questions and execute with high agency.
- Knowledgeable about cloud architecture and security, able to work with other security professionals and software engineers to understand their project, and give well reasoned opinions on topics larger than security.
- Experience with one or more of the following: SIEM technologies and platform management, incident response, security automation and orchestration, threat hunting and vulnerability management.
- Experience working at or with software and product-led companies.
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now