Technical Support Engineer - Tier II
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with our longer term vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS workforce management company designed to simplify employee scheduling, time and attendance tracking, and task management for businesses. We are headquartered in Sydney (AU) and San Francisco (USA), with offices in Melbourne (AU), and London (UK). We’ve helped employers across all industries in 70+ countries optimize their workforce and improve operational efficiency. As a fast-growing tech company, Deputy offers an exciting and dynamic work environment with opportunities for career growth and development.
This is a remote role (working from home), so we are totally happy for you to be based anywhere in the West Coast US timezone.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
As part of the Technical Support Team, you will be required to work closely with the Sales/Partner Team and Product Management Team to provide product knowledge, configuration assistance, and second level technical support to Deputy’s customer base.
As a Tier II Engineer and the first escalated contact for Customer queries, you support the Deputy ecosystem as well as the related Integrations that work with it. You will work hand in hand with the different Support teams as well as the established Tier II team.
This role is frontend user support with the opportunity to learn backend systems, and expand long term into a Tier III Support Engineer.
- Provide level two technical support for Deputy ecosystem and related integrations
- Triage technical issues, resolve problems independently and escalate where appropriately
- Taking ownership of customer technical issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root causes, and issue resolution and communication
- Achieve and maintain targeted case statistics such as number of cases closed or issues resolved, along with other established goals
- Provide professional-level conversations with customers to gather information, troubleshoot, and resolve their technical inquiries
- Identify and submit issues for advancement to the Engineering team
- Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
- 1-2+ years of experience in supporting SaaS solutions for international customers
- BS Degree or equivalent skill experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience in a cloud environment - an advantage
- Very customer-oriented and friendly - drive to achieve a satisfied customer, not just a technical resolution
- Self-starter, able to learn new technologies "on the fly"
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to prioritise, manage time effectively and multitask
The pay range for this position takes into account multiple factors that are all considered to determine an individual candidate’s starting pay. These factors include but are not limited to: market factors, experience, technical and non-technical skills, education, certifications, and other business acumen. This range does not include any potential incentive programs, such as individual or organizational performance bonuses.
For candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area or New York City, the pay range for this position is $72,000 - $83,000.
For candidates based outside San Francisco Bay Area or New York City, the pay range for this position is $62,000 - $71,000.
-Employee Stock Ownership
-Competitive Compensation Packages
-401k Company Match
-Comprehensive Health Benefits
-Commuter Reimbursement Program
-Flexible Work Schedule
WHY JOIN DEPUTY?
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now
See more open positions at Deputy
Something looks off?