Technical Support Engineer - Tier III
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with our longer term vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS workforce management company designed to simplify employee scheduling, time and attendance tracking, and task management for businesses. We are headquartered in Sydney (AU) and San Francisco (USA), with offices in Melbourne (AU), and London (UK). We’ve helped employers across all industries in 70+ countries optimize their workforce and improve operational efficiency. As a fast-growing tech company, Deputy offers an exciting and dynamic work environment with opportunities for career growth and development.
Currently, our employees work in a hybrid world with a flexible office space in London.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
As part of the Technical Support Team, you will be required to work closely with the Sales/Partner Team and Product Management Team to provide product knowledge, configuration assistance, and Technical support to Deputy’s customer base.
You will be the go-to resource for any technical questions regarding the Deputy product and have a passion for customer service support.
This role is mixture of frontend user support requiring understanding of backend systems, custom configurations, integrations and script development.
- Troubleshoot issues escalated by first and second level support, this may include outbound contact with clients for additional information and resolution.
- Provide clear and detailed information to clients on product feature functionality, both written and verbal.
- Communicating client perspective to Product and Development teams for feature improvements/fixes.
- Assist customers with issues not limited to, custom setups, 3rd party integrations, Sales data, configuration.
- Work with various scripts to retrieve or update customer data
- Taking ownership of customer technical issues, further troubleshooting, identification of root causes, and issue resolution and communication.
- Achieve and maintain targeted case statistics such as number of cases closed or issues resolved, along with other established goals.
- Provide professional-level conversations with customers to gather information, troubleshoot, and resolve their technical inquiries.
- Work directly with Engineering and Product teams to resolve customer issues
- Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in supporting SaaS solutions for international customers
- BSc Degree or equivalent skill experience
- At least 3-4 years' in a Customer Service or software support role
- Great listener and communicator
- Attention to detail and passionate about solving client queries
- Self-starter, able to learn new technologies "on the fly"
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to prioritise, manage time effectively and multitask
- Highly collaborative working environment
- Flexible co-working space in central London at Uncommon Liverpool St
- Free happy hours, afternoon tea, networking, and professional events
- Employee stock ownership from Day 1
- Employee pension matching programme
- Private health and dental insurance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Flexible holiday time, including 2 celebration days per year for those special moments
- Work from home stipend to help you get set up and succeed from home
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.