Executive Assistant, Office of the CEO
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Deputy is a global leader in smart scheduling and workforce management. With more than 330,000 workplaces in over 100 countries using Deputy to streamline scheduling, communication, engagement, and onboarding for millions of shift workers, we empower businesses with the tools and insights to simplify compliance and build thriving workplaces in every community.
Our team, which sits across three continents, is driven by an empathy-first approach. We believe that our best work comes from putting our own employees’ experiences and the experiences of the managers, shift workers and business owners we support at the forefront of what we do.
At Deputy, we are passionate about our purpose. If you're ready to positively impact the future of work for the world’s 2.7 billion shift workers, we invite you to join our team.
Office of the CEO
The EA will provide executive administrative support and services to the Chief Executive Officer of Deputy. This role is based in the Bay Area and the EA must be open to commuting to the San Francisco office 1-2 times weekly, and as needed for meetings and events, including possible international travel to Sydney, AUS and London, UK.
This is an ideal position for an ambitious career Executive Assistant who works well under pressure, is a self-starter, is passionate about delivering strategic value and is results-driven. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders of Deputy, and will also serve as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams. In this capacity, the EA will organize and coordinate external relations and may oversee special projects for the Office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment that is community and mission-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with exceptional written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills.
This role will work directly for Silvija Martincevic, Deputy’s CEO. Silvija is a recognized leader in technology with over 20 years of experience in building, growing, and scaling global and purpose driven businesses and teams, including Affirm and Groupon. Silvija also takes great pride in growing and mentoring top talent. This individual will have the opportunity to partner with, observe, and learn from Silvija’s experience and would be given a front row seat to strategic decision making, planning, and communications.
- Calendar management: coordinate all meetings across global time zones
- Conserves the CEO’s time by reading and routing emails, preparing materials, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating meetings
- Acts as a gatekeeper for the CEO’s schedule to protect her time and priorities
- Displays discretion in handling highly confidential information on behalf of the CEO
- Responsible for independently problem-solving through a variety of challenges
- Collects and prepare notes for use in internal and external discussions and meetings
- Expense reporting and purchasing
- Seamless scheduling of complicated domestic and international travel
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates competing work activities
- Provide backup assistance to the EAs who support other senior leadership team members
- Represents the CEO and Deputy when relaying and exchanging information with internal and external stakhholders, including Deputy colleagues, senior leaders, customers and the board, as well as other organizations or constituents - as such, must maintain highest level of professionalism in written and verbal communication, and must be highly responsive during and outside of regular work hours
- Partner with cross-functional partners as needed
- Provide onsite support, when required, in the Deputy office and travel to our global offices in Sydney and London to support the CEO on the ground
- Maintain agenda for staff meetings, record meeting notes, and prepare follow-ups Additional projects as bandwidth allows
- Part of the senior leadership EA team and may have a role/additional responsibilities
- Event planning, including coordination and management of on-site/offsite meetings and events
- Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years of work experience in the capacity of an Executive Assistant supporting a C-level executive
- Proactive and self-starter attitude: you regularly anticipate the needs of the executive you support
- Expertise performing administrative work that requires analysis, initiative, discretion, and independent judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to proofread and edit
- Comfortable and discrete with confidential information
- Ability to prioritise long tasks and projects and meet deadlines with little direction in an often highly ambiguous environment
- High attention to detail, organisation, and process
- Strong relationship management skills
- Previous experience with GSuite and complex calendaring
The pay range for this position takes into account multiple factors that are all considered to determine an individual candidate’s starting pay. These factors include but are not limited to: market factors, experience, technical and non-technical skills, education, certifications, and other business acumen. This range does not include any potential incentive programs, such as individual or organizational performance bonuses.
The pay range for this position is $126,000 - $145,000.
-Employee Stock Ownership
-Competitive Compensation Packages
-401k Company Match
-Comprehensive Health Benefits
-Commuter Reimbursement Program
-Flexible Work Schedule
WHY JOIN DEPUTY?
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now
See more open positions at Deputy
Something looks off?