Director of Product Compliance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, June 19, 2023
Deputy is a global leader in smart scheduling and workforce management. With more than 330,000 workplaces in over 100 countries using Deputy to streamline scheduling, communication, engagement, and onboarding for millions of shift workers, we empower businesses with the tools and insights to simplify compliance and build thriving workplaces in every community.
Our team, which sits across three continents, is driven by an empathy-first approach. We believe that our best work comes from putting our own employees’ experiences and the experiences of the managers, shift workers and business owners we support at the forefront of what we do.
At Deputy, we are passionate about our purpose. If you're ready to positively impact the future of work for the world’s 2.7 billion shift workers, we invite you to join our team.
Deputy is looking for an experienced Director of Product Compliance to ensure that our workforce management SaaS solution adheres to applicable legal and regulatory requirements. This role will be accountable for end-to-end global product compliance, initially with a focus on ensuring that our software complies with Australia’s modern awards and US wage and hour laws, but with an eye toward broader regulatory compliance in all aspects of the product.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in and passion for product compliance, ideally with a workforce-management or payroll software company. You should be familiar with regulatory requirements around employee scheduling, timekeeping, and pay in Australia and/or the US. One of Deputy’s key values is to Lead With Integrity and we are looking for a professional with the highest ethical standards to ensure that we are always deserving of the trust that our customers and end-users place in us to Simplify Shift Work.
Although we are predominantly a San Francisco based team, we are totally happy for someone to be based anywhere in the US Pacific timezone & work fully remotely. #LI-Remote
- Accountability for Deputy’s product compliance, including operationalizing and managing the product compliance workflow and the core team that executes it.
- Continuous improvement of the product compliance function and elevation of the function’s maturity in a manner commensurate with Deputy’s business growth and maturity. The key result will be an industrialised and scalable product compliance capability.
- Monitor changes to Australia modern awards, US wage and hour laws, and other regulatory requirements that impact Deputy’s product and partner with the Legal team to interpret such changes.
- Ongoing review of Deputy’s compliance tools, including Deputy’s interpretation of applicable pay rules and awards within the product itself, and as published in customer-facing channels.
- Identify required product updates, and partner with the Product and Marketing teams to ensure that such updates are prioritised, timely implemented, and appropriately communicated to impacted customers.
- Partner with QA Engineers, and Awards Specialists to develop and operationalize robust compliance QA testing of Deputy’s product, including the creation of testing scenarios and methodologies, as well as review and interpretation of test results.
- Monitor compliance-related content on Deputy’s website, help docs, and social media channels (including published pay rules) to ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency.
- Educate customers and end-users on how to use the product compliance function, including producing help and training content.
- Strong interlock with the Customer Support team in monitoring commonly raised queries, producing template responses and associated controls, and responding to escalations involving the compliance function.
- Strong interlock with Deputy’s Implementation team to ensure compliant configurations of our Platform for MME engagements.
- Producing thought leadership and participating in networking and educational events in this domain.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or address violations of legal guidelines.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks.
- Have a passion for this domain and the compliance outcomes that Deputy’s workforce management solution helps our customers to achieve;
- Apply first principles thinking to bring clarity and navigate solutions to complex challenges; and
- Are a strong business operator, high in agency and adept at cross-functional collaboration to bring the best of Deputy to our customers.
- A least 5+ years experience in product compliance, preferably with a payroll or workforce management software provider.
- Familiarity with applicable legal requirements and controls (e.g., Australia modern awards, US wage and hour laws, Fair Workweek, biometrics, onboarding, data privacy, etc.).
- A commercial acumen partnered with a dedication to legal compliance.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Team player with strong leadership skills, and ability to skillfully manage cross-functional teams.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills at all organisational levels.
- Degree in law, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering OR strong understanding of computing, algorithms is strongly preferred!
-Employee Stock Ownership
-Competitive Compensation Packages
-401k Company Match
-Comprehensive Health Benefits
-Commuter Reimbursement Program
-Flexible Work Schedule
WHY JOIN DEPUTY?
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now