Senior Customer Success Manager, Enterprise
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
Our Customer Success team is passionate, creative, and customer-centric. We help advise and guide a wide variety of global customers from industries like healthcare to entertainment to retail and many more. Our key focus is empowering customers to utilise Deputy’s tools to achieve strategic outcomes and help them grow their businesses into thriving workplaces. As a team we value the diverse perspectives and experiences each team member brings to the table and are looking for individuals who are passionate about having a huge part in building a best in class experience for our customers.
As a Senior Customer Success Manager, you manage a portfolio of Strategic Enterprise level customers. Your primary objective will be to make your customers successful and raving fans of Deputy. You will partner with our customers to understand their business needs, internal processes, and help them optimise their usage of Deputy to deliver the maximum amount of value.
You will become a trusted advisor to your clients, with regular touchpoints that build confidence and a relationship with the Deputy platform. You will understand your customers' core needs to easily identify new expansion, adoption, and referral opportunities. You will work closely with the Sales, Product, and Marketing organisations to build customer advocacy and ensure retention of your book business.
- Engage with a portfolio of Enterprise size clients to address satisfaction, retention, and growth opportunities
- Gather and use data to identify trends with your accounts to pinpoint training and strategic growth opportunities, as well as retention risks within your book of business
- Drive higher levels of adoption for clients who are under utilising the Deputy solution by thoughtfully mapping solutions to your client’s business goals
- Expand and promote Deputy to multiple points of contact within the customer’s organisation
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Account Management, and Implementation teams to undercover expansion and referral opportunities
- Be the voice of the customer and partner closely with internal teams like Product, Engineering, and Marketing to help Deputy better understand and meet customer needs
- Become an expert in local and global trends in the workforce management, time & attendance industry to ensure customers understand and adopt best practices
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the Deputy software to be able to promote best practices and provide troubleshooting help to your clients when necessary
- Be at the forefront of building out the CSM role and function, via internal project initiatives, working with a range of internal stakeholders
- Drive and identify customer advocacy opportunities within your portfolio
- 4+ years with relevant customer-facing experience in a B2B customer success or a relationship management role, ideally from one of the following industries: SAAS, cloud, marketing, media, payroll, HR or time & attendance.
- Relevant work experience or Bachelors Degree
- Experience managing and driving success at scale in a portfolio of strategic accounts
- Passionate about being the voice of the customer internally, and comfortable with working cross-functionally to drive customer outcomes
- An ability to understand client objectives and think strategically/ creatively on ways to achieve them
- Comfortable with testing new approaches to drive customer engagement and success throughout the customer lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels in a business, in particular a strong telephone presence and web presentation skills are all essential
- Strong technical aptitude, excellent computer skills, and passion for technology
- Previous use of a CRM system
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, ever changing startup environment
- Ability to travel as needed
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now