VP, Pricing and Monetization Strategy
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with our longer term vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS workforce management company designed to simplify employee scheduling, time and attendance tracking, and task management for businesses. We are headquartered in Sydney (AU) and San Francisco (USA), with offices in Melbourne (AU), and London (UK). We’ve helped employers across all industries in 70+ countries optimize their workforce and improve operational efficiency. As a fast-growing tech company, Deputy offers an exciting and dynamic work environment with opportunities for career growth and development.
This is a remote role (working from home), so we are totally happy for you to be based anywhere in the West Coast US timezone.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Deputy is seeking a dynamic and results-driven Vice President of Pricing and Monetization Strategy to lead our efforts in developing and optimizing pricing and revenue strategies that align with our growth objectives. Reporting to the VP of Growth Strategy and Revenue Operations, this role will play a pivotal part in driving revenue growth through the development of pricing strategies, competitive analysis, and market research for new and existing products, customers, and markets. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of SaaS pricing models, exceptional analytical skills, and a track record of driving successful monetization strategies.
Pricing and Monetization Strategy Development:
- Develop and execute pricing strategies across products, segments, and geos that maximize revenue and profitability while ensuring value for customers.
- Continuously evaluate and refine pricing models and packaging to align with market trends and customer needs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, sales, CS, and marketing teams to ensure pricing strategies support business objectives.
Competitive Market Research and Analysis:
- Conduct in-depth market research to identify trends, pricing strategies, and competitive landscape.
- Analyze competitor pricing models and market positioning to inform Deputy's pricing strategies.
- Monitor changes in the industry and adapt pricing strategies accordingly.
Revenue Growth and Optimization:
- Work closely with the sales, CS and account management teams to drive revenue growth through effective pricing strategies.
- Identify opportunities for upselling, cross-selling, and expansion within existing customer base.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize pricing for new and renewal customers.
- Develop and implement strategies in partnership with Product in bringing new products to market.
Deal Desk - Sales/AM New, Renewal, & Expansion:
- Manage a Deal Desk function to support sales, CS and account management teams in pricing negotiations for new, renewal, and expansion deals.
- Ensure consistency in pricing decisions across different customer segments and throughout the customer journey, with a specific focus on maximizing renewal rates and expansion opportunities within existing accounts.
- Collaborate with sales, CS and account management leadership to develop pricing guidelines and approval processes that encompass the entire customer lifecycle.
Pricing and Packaging:
- Evaluate and refine product packaging to align with customer needs and market demands.
- Monitor the performance of pricing and packaging changes and make adjustments as needed.
Data Analytics and Performance Tracking:
- Utilize data-driven insights to track the performance of pricing strategies and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of pricing and monetization efforts.
- Provide regular reports and insights to senior leadership on pricing and revenue performance.
The pay range for this position takes into account multiple factors that are all considered to determine an individual candidate’s starting pay. These factors include but are not limited to: market factors, experience, technical and non-technical skills, education, certifications, and other business acumen. This range does not include any potential incentive programs, such as individual or organizational performance bonuses.
The pay range for this position is $220,763 - $235,988.
-Employee Stock Ownership
-Competitive Compensation Packages
-401k Company Match
-Comprehensive Health Benefits
-Commuter Reimbursement Program
-Flexible Work Schedule
WHY JOIN DEPUTY?
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now