Principal Front End Engineer
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
We have a hybrid working or remote environment at Deputy. We do have an office in Melbourne, should you wish to use it.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Mission "The Why"
Are you a visionary in the world of frontend development? Do you have a track record of shaping the architectural landscape of cutting-edge projects? If so, we invite you to join us as a Principal Frontend Software Engineer and be a driving force behind our technical innovations.
You will wake up every morning knowing that the work you do will help millions of users worldwide.
Responsibilities "The What":
- Define and lead the strategic direction of our frontend architecture, shaping the future of our technology stack.
- Serve as a technical authority, providing guidance and mentorship to our engineering teams.
- Architect and implement complex frontend solutions that align with our long-term business objectives.
- Drive discussions on new solutions, architectural choices, and emerging technologies.
- Ensure that our technical decisions uphold the highest standards of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
- Share your expertise through documentation, design reviews, code contributions, and technology discussions.
- Collaborate closely with the product and design teams to conceptualise and implement high-impact features.
- Promote innovation and a culture of excellence within the organization.
- Advocate for and implement advanced testing methodologies and CI/CD practices.
Competencies "The How":
- Execute on strategic direction including shifts in technology and paradigms.
- Extensive experience as a frontend software engineer, with a proven track record of technical leadership.
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML5, CSS techniques, and UI design principles.
- Expertise in microservices architecture, RESTful APIs, and frontend best practices.
- Proficiency in modern frontend stack, frameworks, and tools (e.g., Webpack, ES6, CSS).
- Familiarity with advanced technologies like WebSockets, Local Storage, and asset/build management tools (e.g., Webpack, Babel).
- Strong background in industry best practices, including TDD/BDD and CI/CD techniques.
- Proven ability to shape architectural strategies and drive technical innovation.
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now