Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
Due to Deputy's success and growth around the world and our goal to deliver faster with high quality, we're seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to ensure we keep growing into an extraordinary team delivering more of what our customers love.
You will focus on the efficient and effective development of Deputy's product and services, ensure we release the highest quality software quickly and push the team to be world class. You will be key to driving a quality centric, rapid iteration culture.
You will have a growth mindset and always be on the lookout for better ways to do things. This is an amazing opportunity for you to be at the forefront of creating a world-class delivery and development function.
What you'll do:
- Design and execute test strategies to provide confidence in the software development life cycle
- Architect and build robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Collaborate with your cross functional team and product/technical stakeholders
- Triage the impact and scope of issues that may arise
- Integrate tests and frameworks into CI workflows
- Report accurately on coverage of test strategies
- Coach and mentor less experienced members of the team
- Advocate for best practices and continuous improvement
How you'll do it:
- Expertise in testing APIs, Restful or RPCs. We use OpenAPI/Swagger and gRPC.
- Experience writing automated E2E tests; we use WebdriverIO and Playwright for browser testing and Maestro for mobile testing
- Comfortable using SQL to investigate data issues
- Build and maintain frameworks/tooling to facilitate testing across environments
- Build tooling to measure and report on coverage
- Partner with other engineers to improve and automate test and release processes using tools like Jenkins
- Drive the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies
- Experience working with large-scale cloud-based environments – AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.