Senior People Partner, APAC
People & HR
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
The People Team is responsible for maximising employee value through talent acquisition, employee on-boarding, management, experience as well as internal communications. They are the force behind driving employee engagement and a strong company culture at Deputy.
We are looking for a Senior People Partner, to join us initially on a 12 month fixed term contract, who will be responsible for driving results, increasing employee engagement and efficiency by building programs, processes and infrastructure to support our explosive growth and ensure that our Deputies have an engaging employee experience.
You will also work to improve organisational design and structure, provide change leadership and management coaching. You understand high level business goals and through the creation of deliberate and proactive programs, you will help Deputy to achieve our goals. We have an employee-first philosophy and are deeply committed to investing in the happiness and success of our team.
- Work with the People team to deliver an empathetic and customer service focused experience for everyone at Deputy
- Support internal communication to ensure employees are kept informed and motivated
- Drive and execute People projects as a part of a global People Team roadmap and strategy
- Work as a strategic advisor to provide regular support to manager and team leads in regards to all aspects of the employee life cycle including performance management, internal mobility, employee relations, etc.
- Champion APAC inclusion efforts and events to ensure Deputy is striving to be as diverse, inclusive and equitable as possible at all times
- Advocate APAC community efforts and events to elevate morale and engagement
- Work with global counterparts to ensure inclusion efforts are unified for all global teams
- Primarily support our Core Operations and Customer Teams as their dedicated People Partner
- Conduct regular manager trainings to build skills and develop our leadership and management teams
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years experience as a People Business Partner or in a People related space working with tech teams in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Feel comfortable working in multiple time zones and being available to support global partners
- Past experience supporting the Customer or Core Operations functions within a business is a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally and balance collaboration and communication with multiple stakeholders across various departments and functions
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to make timely and effective people-first decisions
- An open, available and approachable style
- An understanding of all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including recruiting, onboarding, performance management and coaching
- Strong project management skills and problem solving abilities
- Must be humble, results-oriented, collaborative, have a sense of humour and strong EQ
- Prefer experience with the tech stack of a start-up, various SaaS operating systems (GSuite, Asana, Slack, Confluence)
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.