Senior People Partner, APAC
People & HR
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
We have a hybrid working or remote environment at Deputy. We do have an office in Melbourne, should you wish to use it.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
The People Team is responsible for maximising employee value through talent acquisition, employee on-boarding, management, experience as well as internal communications. They are the force behind driving employee engagement and a strong company culture at Deputy.
We are looking for a Senior People Partner, to join us initially on a 12 month fixed term contract, who will be responsible for driving results, increasing employee engagement and efficiency by building programs, processes and infrastructure to support our explosive growth and ensure that our Deputies have an engaging employee experience.
You will also work to improve organisational design and structure, provide change leadership and management coaching. You understand high level business goals and through the creation of deliberate and proactive programs, you will help Deputy to achieve our goals. We have an employee-first philosophy and are deeply committed to investing in the happiness and success of our team.
- Work with the People team to deliver an empathetic and customer service focused experience for everyone at Deputy
- Support internal communication to ensure employees are kept informed and motivated
- Drive and execute People projects as a part of a global People Team roadmap and strategy
- Work as a strategic advisor to provide regular support to manager and team leads in regards to all aspects of the employee life cycle including performance management, internal mobility, employee relations, etc.
- Champion APAC inclusion efforts and events to ensure Deputy is striving to be as diverse, inclusive and equitable as possible at all times
- Advocate APAC community efforts and events to elevate morale and engagement
- Work with global counterparts to ensure inclusion efforts are unified for all global teams
- Primarily support our Core Operations and Customer Teams as their dedicated People Partner
- Conduct regular manager trainings to build skills and develop our leadership and management teams
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years experience as a People Business Partner or in a People related space working with tech teams in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Feel comfortable working in multiple time zones and being available to support global partners
- Past experience supporting the Customer or Core Operations functions within a business is a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally and balance collaboration and communication with multiple stakeholders across various departments and functions
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to make timely and effective people-first decisions
- An open, available and approachable style
- An understanding of all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including recruiting, onboarding, performance management and coaching
- Strong project management skills and problem solving abilities
- Must be humble, results-oriented, collaborative, have a sense of humour and strong EQ
- Prefer experience with the tech stack of a start-up, various SaaS operating systems (GSuite, Asana, Slack, Confluence)
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.