Senior Product Designer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for a talented Senior or Lead Product Designer to join Deputy. You’ll have the opportunity to have a big customer impact, designing a best-in-class leave experience for over 1.5 million managers and shift workers around the world.
The role ⭐️
- Be the primary product designer in a multi-disciplinary squad, with the ability to have lots of influence
- Creatively solve problems to help customers get the most out of Deputy across web and mobile
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Leads to define the road map
- Understand our customer’s problems through research and data
- Design the future for how Deputy can scale to work for larger Mid-Market and Enterprise businesses
- Be an end-to-end product designer, from running research, to working with engineers for pixel-perfect implementation and everything in-between
What we're looking for 👀
- Someone with demonstrated experience as a product designer working on software products that have shipped to customers.
- You are a seasoned product designer who is keen to stay on the tools while managing
- You are keen to grow your people management skills and support the growth of other designers
- You are an excellent communicator: thoughtful, courageous and kind
- You have a keen eye for detail and quality
- You proactively collaborate with others to get their perspective and feedback on your work
- You are an excellent storyteller and can explain design decisions clearly
- You are excited to work at a fast-paced growing company and are comfortable with some ambiguity
- We value unique perspectives and experiences to make our broader design team stronger.
What makes design at Deputy special 💖
- Shares rituals such as design critique/jams/pairings, retros and design strategy days
- Supports each other to reach professional and personal goals
- Has clear career pathways and growth opportunities
- Loves to share learnings with each other and the design community (follow us on insta @designingdeputy)
- Influences business strategy and impacts business outcomes
- Has a strong team mission, vision, values and a focused design strategy
- Loves to spend time with each other, design office days, team social events
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.