Technical Product Manager
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
MISSION: "THE WHY"
Deputy is a product-led organisation with an amazing growth track record. Now poised for our next phase of growth, we are hiring a critical new Product Manager who will be visible across the whole business and be able to make a significant impact on the success of Deputy.
The Deputy staff experience is a paradigm change for Deputy from predominantly B2B product to a B2C product. The aim of the staff experience is to provide a the best app for managing your shift life, so the experience needs to be engaging, joyful and simple to use.
With strong global ambitions and an excellent track record of growth to date, we are ready to take our mobile app to new levels. We have the potential and ambition to capture the market, based on a proven product with happy and engaged customers
RESPONSIBILITIES: "THE WHAT"
- Own Deputy’s integrations with hundreds of partners
- Own Deputy’s end-to-end developer experience by building public APIs, roadmaps, new endpoints, SDKs, capabilities and tools
- Regularly meet with customers, partners, developers and internal stakeholders to listen to their feedback and guide them to success
- Balance customer (UX), engineering (tech) and commercial requirements at time competing priorities
- Be the central point where all the insights (sales, customer, tech) come together and are translated into a product strategy and feature roadmap
- Lead a strong dedicated development squad to achieve success at new levels
- Write API documentation and references for a developer audience, write API guides for customer use cases and workflows
- Be the voice of 3rd party developers -- Use tools like Postman to create collections of API requests for developers, Write basic code samples for developers to demonstrate specific APIs, endpoints or behaviours, Regularly use and test our APIs for accuracy
COMPETENCIES: “THE HOW”
- Minimum of 2 years of Product Management experience
- Experience documenting public APIs for SaaS products
- Some experience with backend or frontend programming languages (such as PHP, Golang, Vue etc.)
- Experience working with multiple product and technical teams
- Ability to organise and prioritise independently and communicate project timelines
- Smart and an analytical mind - be able to create meaningful insights from user data
- Be curious, a great listener and communicator
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or similar technical field
- Prior work experience of being a software engineer
- Ability to code and deploy apps that integrates into a public API
- Knowledge and understanding of building scalable web apps
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience building or defining API specifications (swagger or OpenAPI is advantageous)
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.