Technical Product Manager
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
We have a hybrid working or remote environment at Deputy. We do have an office in Melbourne, should you wish to use it.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
MISSION: "THE WHY"
Deputy is a product-led organisation with an amazing growth track record. Now poised for our next phase of growth, we are hiring a critical new Product Manager who will be visible across the whole business and be able to make a significant impact on the success of Deputy.
The Deputy staff experience is a paradigm change for Deputy from predominantly B2B product to a B2C product. The aim of the staff experience is to provide a the best app for managing your shift life, so the experience needs to be engaging, joyful and simple to use.
With strong global ambitions and an excellent track record of growth to date, we are ready to take our mobile app to new levels. We have the potential and ambition to capture the market, based on a proven product with happy and engaged customers
RESPONSIBILITIES: "THE WHAT"
- Own Deputy’s integrations with hundreds of partners
- Own Deputy’s end-to-end developer experience by building public APIs, roadmaps, new endpoints, SDKs, capabilities and tools
- Regularly meet with customers, partners, developers and internal stakeholders to listen to their feedback and guide them to success
- Balance customer (UX), engineering (tech) and commercial requirements at time competing priorities
- Be the central point where all the insights (sales, customer, tech) come together and are translated into a product strategy and feature roadmap
- Lead a strong dedicated development squad to achieve success at new levels
- Write API documentation and references for a developer audience, write API guides for customer use cases and workflows
- Be the voice of 3rd party developers -- Use tools like Postman to create collections of API requests for developers, Write basic code samples for developers to demonstrate specific APIs, endpoints or behaviours, Regularly use and test our APIs for accuracy
COMPETENCIES: “THE HOW”
- Minimum of 2 years of Product Management experience
- Experience documenting public APIs for SaaS products
- Some experience with backend or frontend programming languages (such as PHP, Golang, Vue etc.)
- Experience working with multiple product and technical teams
- Ability to organise and prioritise independently and communicate project timelines
- Smart and an analytical mind - be able to create meaningful insights from user data
- Be curious, a great listener and communicator
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or similar technical field
- Prior work experience of being a software engineer
- Ability to code and deploy apps that integrates into a public API
- Knowledge and understanding of building scalable web apps
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience building or defining API specifications (swagger or OpenAPI is advantageous)
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.