Lead Product Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Deputy is a global leader in smart scheduling and workforce management. With more than 330,000 workplaces in over 100 countries using Deputy to streamline scheduling, communication, engagement, and onboarding for millions of shift workers, we empower businesses with the tools and insights to simplify compliance and build thriving workplaces in every community.
Our team, which sits across three continents, is driven by an empathy-first approach. We believe that our best work comes from putting our own employees’ experiences and the experiences of the managers, shift workers and business owners we support at the forefront of what we do.
At Deputy, we are passionate about our purpose. If you're ready to positively impact the future of work for the world’s 2.7 billion shift workers, we invite you to join our team.
The Lead Product Manager role sits in the intersection of sales and engineering/design/product management, with a commercial lens. This is a lead level individual contributor role with cross-functional leadership responsibilities.
Enhance product-market fit for the US market, ensuring that Deputy resonates compellingly with existing and target customers. Act as a pivotal link between the US Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy and the Product Development (DEP) team, serving as the go-to expert for all product-related matters.
The role drives strategic initiatives focused on expanding Deputy into the US sector. It’s key accountability lies in:
1. Identifying, defining and prioritising product gaps to enhance Product-Market Fit (PMF) for US customers (presence in customer demos, maintaining key alpha account relationships, interviewing customers, following utilisation metrics, etc.)
2. Developing unique value propositions to support sales and marketing efforts in acquiring and retaining US customers. Conduct training sessions and presentations to empower the US GTM team with the necessary knowledge.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive and holistic understanding of the product, customers, and the commercial landscape in the US market, with a focus on key US integrations.
- Lead cross-functional teams (GTM and DEP) in US and APAC to achieve business KPIs for driving and maintaining growth in the US market, whilst staying attuned to opportunities, challenges, and pain points.
- Subject matter expert in sales calls, in-person customer visits, running demos, liaising with Customer Experience/Customer Success teams, and translating Deputy’s capabilities into customer needs, whilst gathering insights.
- Ongoing research, synthesis, prioritization, and initiation of product development based on interactions with customers, business stakeholders, and market demands.
- Facilitate regular meetings with the US team (both in-person and virtual) to identify areas where the product can enhance sales and service.
- Influence and manage an actionable product roadmap, writing product initiative briefs, validating with customers/GTM, and tracking performance.
- Write product value propositions and evangelize the customer's point of view to the US GTM team.
- Deep experience in end-to-end commercial product management in software or web technologies.
- Strong presentation skills for internal groups and training sessions.
- Navigate a flat yet matrixed global structure effectively.
- Conduct research initiatives and produce clear, synthesized findings.
- Results and metrics-driven mindset.
- Strong empathy with the customer.
- Maintain regular office hours, ensuring availability in US-friendly time zones.
The pay range for this position takes into account multiple factors that are all considered to determine an individual candidate’s starting pay. These factors include but are not limited to: market factors, experience, technical and non-technical skills, education, certifications, and other business acumen. This range does not include any potential incentive programs, such as individual or organizational performance bonuses.
For candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area or New York City, the pay range for this position is $183,000-$195,300.
For candidates based outside San Francisco Bay Area or New York City, the pay range for this position is $165,000-176,700.
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- 401k Company Match
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Commuter Reimbursement Program
- Flexible Work Schedule
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.