Business Process Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Deputy is a global leader in smart scheduling and workforce management. With more than 330,000 workplaces in over 100 countries using Deputy to streamline scheduling, communication, engagement, and onboarding for millions of shift workers, we empower businesses with the tools and insights to simplify compliance and build thriving workplaces in every community.
Our team, which sits across three continents, is driven by an empathy-first approach. We believe that our best work comes from putting our own employees’ experiences and the experiences of the managers, shift workers and business owners we support at the forefront of what we do.
At Deputy, we are passionate about our purpose. If you're ready to positively impact the future of work for the world’s 2.7 billion shift workers, we invite you to join our team.
Deputy is looking for a skilled and motivated Business Process Manager to join the Operations Strategy team reporting into the Senior Director of Business Transformation. As a Business Process Manager, this person will play a crucial role in driving efficiency and excellence for our internal processes. This role requires a combination of strategic thinking, analytical skills, and hands-on execution to ensure efficient business operations and continuous improvement.
The Business Process Manager will be responsible for working cross functionally with a varied set of stakeholders across areas including, but not limited to: product, project management, marketing, sales, customer success teams, and other internal partners. They will study the ways in which we currently work within operations and with other internal teams and build refined and efficient processes, documentation, and reporting on operational excellence of those processes in order to ensure sustainable growth and evolve as a company so we are prepared to handle our goals at scale.
Process Optimization Responsibilities:
- Analyze, map, and document existing business processes and identify opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Develop and implement strategies to streamline workflows and increase operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of processes.
Data Analysis and Reporting Responsibilities:
- Utilize data-driven insights to assess the effectiveness of current processes.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure process performance.
- Generate regular reports and present findings to stakeholders.
Change Management Responsibilities:
- Lead change initiatives by fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work closely with teams to communicate changes, address concerns, and ensure successful adoption of new processes.
Collaboration and Communication Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with various departments to understand their unique business processes and requirements.
- Foster effective communication channels to gather feedback, address concerns, and share updates.
- Build communications and processes with an eye toward partner relationships to ensure a professional and delightful experience for vendors when working with Deputy
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in projects aimed at improving business processes.
- Develop project plans, set milestones, and ensure timely execution.
Qualifications and Requirements
- This position requires an individual who has diverse experience with the proven ability to navigate complex and ambiguous situations with a high standard for results.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Organisational Psychology, or a related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 6+ years in business process management, project management, organisational development, or related roles.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other relevant certifications preferred
- Experience in operations with knowledge or expertise in finance, sales, customer support, data analytics, operations and administrative functions.
- Strong, positive track-record of innovation and collaboration – able to work with diverse teams in diverse locations, engaging their input and commitment to success.
- High level of organization, managing risk and decision-making skills working in a fast-paced work environment.
- A systematic approach to work maintaining accountability, plans and demonstrations of success.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strategically minded yet also operationally oriented, and highly collaborativeExceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The pay range for this position takes into account multiple factors that are all considered to determine an individual candidate’s starting pay. These factors include but are not limited to: market factors, experience, technical and non-technical skills, education, certifications, and other business acumen. This range does not include any potential incentive programs, such as individual or organizational performance bonuses.
For candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area or New York City, the pay range for this position is $104,000 - $112,000.
For candidates based outside San Francisco Bay Area or New York City, the pay range for this position is $81,000 - $88,000.
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- 401k Company Match
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Commuter Reimbursement Program
- Flexible Work Schedule
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.