Small Business Consultant
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Deputy is a global leader in smart scheduling and workforce management. With more than 330,000 workplaces in over 100 countries using Deputy to streamline scheduling, communication, engagement, and onboarding for millions of shift workers, we empower businesses with the tools and insights to simplify compliance and build thriving workplaces in every community.
Our team, which sits across three continents, is driven by an empathy-first approach. We believe that our best work comes from putting our own employees’ experiences and the experiences of the managers, shift workers and business owners we support at the forefront of what we do.
At Deputy, we are passionate about our purpose. If you're ready to positively impact the future of work for the world’s 2.7 billion shift workers, we invite you to join our team.
As a Small Business Consultant at Deputy, you will guide the conversion of qualified small businesses during their trials into paying customers and ensure they are set up for long-term success. As an expert in communication with the ability to influence decision makers, you will live by Deputy’s values, including listening to learn in order to create meaningful outcomes. This role will also look to identify opportunities for selling additional training packages where needed and will be aided by a best-in-class technology led experience to help guide the buyer's journey and identify intent to purchase.
This is a non-commissioned role, enabling you to be a true consultant to our inbound small business prospects, ensuring that our products and services fit their needs and will drive positive business outcomes for both parties.
- Provide product demos and answer questions for potential customers during their free trial period
- Be a Deputy product expert with a deep understanding of small business needs, including localized Fair Workweek compliance
- Identify expansion opportunities for additional products and training where necessary to ensure long term client success
- Provide feedback to the Learning Experience Team to further amplify the technology led buying experience
- Align with our Sales, Product Marketing, and Implementations team to ensure that we are unified in our value messaging and offerings
Qualifications and Requirements
- 1+ years of experience as a Customer Success Manager, Sales (AE, SDR,etc), Customer Support or similar
- Intrinsically motivated, customer focused with revenue awareness
- Knowledge of and appreciation for small businesses, their challenges, and their importance to their employees, communities, and the economy
- Above all, a growth mindset, willingness to learn, and a genuine excitement for the problems we are solving for our customers
The pay range for this position takes into account multiple factors that are all considered to determine an individual candidate’s starting pay. These factors include but are not limited to: market factors, experience, technical and non-technical skills, education, certifications, and other business acumen. This range does not include any potential incentive programs, such as individual or organizational performance bonuses.
For candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area or New York City, the pay range for this position is $104,000 - $111,600.
For candidates based outside San Francisco Bay Area or New York City, the pay range for this position is $77,000 - $81,840.
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- 401k Company Match
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Commuter Reimbursement Program
- Flexible Work Schedule
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.