Senior Manager, Strategic Finance & Operations
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with our longer term vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS workforce management company designed to simplify employee scheduling, time and attendance tracking, and task management for businesses. We are headquartered in Sydney (AU) and San Francisco (USA), with offices in Melbourne (AU), and London (UK). We’ve helped employers across all industries in 70+ countries optimize their workforce and improve operational efficiency. As a fast-growing tech company, Deputy offers an exciting and dynamic work environment with opportunities for career growth and development.
This is a remote role (working from home), so we are totally happy for you to be based anywhere in the US.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
We are looking for a motivated, data driven, results oriented finance professional who will partner with various stakeholders to drive outcomes and support our teams to achieve their goals. The Senior Manager, SFO is a crucial role responsible for providing strategic financial guidance to support decision-making and ensuring the successful execution of our growth initiatives. You will have an in-depth knowledge of the business, systems and processes and will leverage this to support our teams to execute against strategy.
The overall purpose of the Strategic Finance and Operations (SFO) team is to steer the company toward its goals. The SFO team are true strategic business partners and help each department delve deeper into current operational issues and create an action plan through strategic analysis. The SFO Team is ideally situated to identify key interdependencies and identify opportunities for efficiency improvement, yield and strategic advantage. There is tremendous potential for SFO to perpetually create value for Deputy.
- Financial Planning & Analysis: Lead the development and execution of financial planning processes for the GTM team, including budgeting, forecasting, and long-term strategic planning.
- Provide insightful analysis of financial performance, key metrics, and trends, translating complex data into actionable insights.
- Act as a custodian for Sales and Marketing, actively balancing investment levels with outcomes in coordination with the Deputy overall.
- Build strong relationships with the CRO and GTM team leaders to understand business objectives and provide financial expertise to support their strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate on go-to-market strategies, pricing models, and customer acquisition plans to drive revenue growth and market share.
- Provide decision support by evaluating investment opportunities, providing financial recommendations for new products, markets, and partnerships.
- Conduct scenario analyses to assess the potential impact of different business strategies and market dynamics.
- Develop and maintain sophisticated financial models to assess business performance, forecast future financial outcomes, and support strategic decision-making.
- Perform sensitivity analyses and scenario planning to assess risks and opportunities.
- Identify and implement process improvements - within the SFO team, but also in concert with other teams supporting GTM to drive efficiencies across the business.
- Communicate complex financial concepts clearly and concisely to non-financial stakeholders.
- Help prepare board materials, fundraising materials, and other external reporting to communicate with investors and key stakeholders on company's financial health.
Strategic Business Partnership:
Qualifications and Requirements
- 6+ years of experience in a strategy or strategic finance role in a B2B SaaS organization
- 2+ years experience in or in support of a GTM organization
- Ethically Grounded: Strong ethics and good character are a must.
- Strategic Thinker & Analytical Mindset: You can interpret and glean meaningful insights from deep dives into operational data and use this to inspire action by putting financial issues in a larger strategic and operational context.
- Strong Leadership & People Skills: You are a strong detector of people’s emotions. You attract and develop talent and are compassionate when people reach their limits. You work well with peers by putting the company first. You develop trust and rapport easily.
- A Great Communicator: Numbers can be boring, but you are capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. You tell a story rather than present information. You are able to interact comfortably with the executive management team. When you speak, people listen.
- Globally Minded: Capable of operating independently in a remote team environment, effectively managing relationships, deliverables and expectations with key stakeholders around the globe. You can think globally and execute globally (and locally).
- Ownership: You can anticipate problems & take ownership of issues, and help guide them forward, from inception to completion.
- Problem Solver: You are an expert in quantitative analysis who enjoys solving complex and unstructured problems, and you are able to effectively synthesize and present your insights to influence decisions.
- Data Nerd: You know that truth lies in the data, and have a relentless focus on metrics, goals and detail. At the same time, you are capable of seeing the forest through the trees. You strive to make decisions justified by data. You have exceptional spreadsheet/data management skills.
- Intellectually Curious: Proactive personality and strong eagerness to learn about the business, the industry, and new revenue models. You are inquisitive and persuasive.
The pay range for this position takes into account multiple factors that are all considered to determine an individual candidate’s starting pay. These factors include but are not limited to: market factors, experience, technical and non-technical skills, education, certifications, and other business acumen. This range does not include any potential incentive programs, such as individual or organizational performance bonuses.
For candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area or New York City, the pay range for this position is $148,000 - $158,100.
For candidates based outside San Francisco Bay Area or New York City, the pay range for this position is $135,000 - $144,150.
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- 401k Company Match
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Commuter Reimbursement Program
- Flexible Work Schedule
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.