Principal Product Manager
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
We have a hybrid working or remote environment at Deputy. We do have an office in Melbourne, should you wish to use it.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
MISSION: "THE WHY"
Deputy is a product-led organisation with an amazing growth track record. Now poised for our next phase of growth, we are hiring a critical new Product leader who will be visible across the whole business and be able to make a significant impact on the success of Deputy.
Businesses worldwide use Deputy to optimise their workforces - ensuring just the right number of people are working based on the forecasted demand drivers of the business. This role leads the Workforce Optimisation team to help businesses deliver profitable, predictable schedules to their staff, using techniques such as data forecasting, multi-variate constraint optimisation, machine learning and AI.
RESPONSIBILITIES: "THE WHAT"
- You will have true end-to-end ownership of the Workforce Optimisation product, which helps medium to larger businesses ensure just the right number of staff are scheduled to serve the forecasted demands of the customer’s business
- The Product Manager is the CEO of their product and is responsible for the strategy, roadmap and feature definition, and for engaging and communicating with the organisation and customers about the product, product roadmap and vision
- Balance customer (UX), engineering (tech) and commercial requirements at time competing priorities
- Be the central point where all the insights (sales, customer, tech) come together and are translated into a product strategy and feature roadmap
- Lead a strong dedicated development squad to achieve success at new levels
COMPETENCIES: “THE HOW”
- Minimum of 8 years of Product Management experience
- Background in computer science, engineering, data science, or some working experience in previously writing software. While you won’t be writing software, this is a technical-leaning role
- Smart and deeply analytical mind - able to understand how to make other people’s businesses better and more profitable
- Strong commercial experience in Product Management or relevant product experience
- Customer-first mindset - constantly battling for how can we make the customer successful
- Be curious, a great listener and communicator
- Strong understanding of technology - its limitations and its efforts
- SaaS experience preferred but not required
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.