Senior Compliance Manager
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
The Global Product Compliance team is accountable for end-to-end global product compliance, which includes ensuring that our software complies with Australia’s modern awards and US wage and hour laws. With the team expanding, we are looking for a full-time highly motivated Compliance professional to augment our global Product Compliance team here at Deputy.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in and passion for compliance. You will have experience in interpreting and understanding legislative requirements and should be familiar with regulatory requirements around wage and labor requirements in Australia. One of Deputy’s key values is to Lead With Integrity and we are looking for a professional with the highest ethical standards to ensure that we are always deserving of the trust that our customers and end-users place in us to Simplify Shift Work.
- Work with Director Product Compliance to understand global wage and labor compliance requirements to help ensure the product remains compliant
- Carry out compliance obligation management, monitoring and risk based control testing to support the compliance framework
- Overseeing, tracking, and addressing compliance incidents to ensure prompt investigation and resolution. Offering guidance, aiding in escalations, and facilitating breach reporting when necessary
- Support to implement a compliance program aligned with the compliance requirements.
- Support relevant process owners to implement compliant business processes.
- Assess the current practice and future initiatives of the business to identify possible compliance risks.
- Synthesis complex information and prepare clear written compliance guidance and statements of reason for stakeholders
- Monitor changes to Australia modern awards, US wage and hour laws, and other regulatory requirements that impact Deputy’s product and partner with the Legal team to interpret such changes.
- Review, interpret and assess regulatory change impact to business. Work directly with key stakeholders to implement changes in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly compliance status reports to key stakeholders.
- Train cross functional teams on compliance requirements
Skills & Experience
- Ideally 5+ years proven experience in legal and/or professional services experience
- Having worked for a regulator such as Fair Work (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of modern awards (strongly preferred)
- Experience in tech/SaaS (a plus)
- Strong understanding of compliance frameworks, including design and implementation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Collaborative approach with strong leadership skills, and ability to thoughtfully work with cross-functional teams.
- Advanced conflict resolution and business acumen skills.
- Analytical mindset to assess impact of changing regulatory environment on the business operations.
- A ‘business partner’ mindset with an ability to understand the business issues and take a pragmatic and solutions-orientated approach.
- Change management and agile working mindset.
- Degree in law, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.