Brisbane QLD, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2023
Our Mission to be Bold and Impactful
● Learn from the experts tackling challenging problems
● High level of autonomy to solve real world problems
● Have an impact in the design strategy of the product
How you contribute
In this position, you will help Emesent become the world leader in autonomous data collection and analytics for industrial applications. Our hardware and software systems will be a joy to use thanks to your passion for delivering amazing user experience. Customers will readily master and deliver complex outcomes thanks to your work in producing elegant workflows in conjunction with the engineering teams.
Here’s what we need
- Be an ambassador for the company and its products.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding and empathy for our users across a wide variety of industries and use cases.
- Gather and evaluate user needs, pain points and desires in collaboration with product managers, product owners and engineers.
- Synthesise user and market research into coherent user personas, journeys and user flows that span our complete technology stack.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that deliver intuitive user experiences, solve real user problems and address business requirements.
- Conduct solution validation and usability testing to inform design iterations and improvements.
- Coordinate, consolidate and communicate insights and ideas to cross-functional team members in a manner that simplifies complex data into clear, concise takeaways.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to deliver your vision across hardware, firmware and software functions.
- Establish the foundational design philosophy, strategy, tools and workflows for the company.
How you’ll succeed
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/UI Designer.
- Portfolio of relevant design projects.
- Team spirit, strong communication skills.
- Confidence and ability to work with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders.
- Strong experience with UX research methodologies.
- Experience working with Engineers (strongly desirable).
The added perks
- Get a competitive remuneration package including superannuation
- Participate in our employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology! - We know that our success and growth is a result of our motivated and inspiring teams.
- Take up our genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Settle into our great work environment and facilities.
- Chill out and enjoy our loaded kitchen facilities with games, snacks, drinks, fresh fruit and coffee machine provided.
- Enjoy the flexibility to work from home a few days of the week and our greatly appreciated meeting free Wednesdays.
- Take advantage of our office location in Milton - Enjoy the bustling cafes and tasty food options available!
- Join in on our fun work events and activities such as 'Funky shirt Fridays!', 'Coffee Club!' and 'Emesent Radio'.
- Take up our paid parental leave.
- Work in comfort with a casual dress code.
- Utilise our secure bike storage and shower facilities offered on-site.
- Take part in our generous employee referral scheme.
- Centralised in Brisbane, we offer moving assistance to help you relocate and join our collaborative workplace.
Who Are We?
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, Emesent has made an emerging name for itself across the Globe and is successfully becoming a world leader in this unique industry of autonomous technology!
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds.
Our global talents are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
See more open positions at Emesent
Something looks off?