Director of Software Development - Spatial Data
Brisbane QLD, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Our Mission to be Bold and Impactful
· Joining a high performing, fast paced organisation!
· Leading a team of exceptional talent to design and deliver software solutions!
· Work on industry leading, cutting-edge technology!
How you contribute
As a Director of Software Development in a tech company, you will be responsible for managing and leading a team of software developers to design, develop, and implement software solutions that meet the company's business needs. You will also be responsible for ensuring the quality, reliability, and scalability of software products, as well as managing and optimizing the software development process.
Here's what we need
- Lead and manage a team of software developers and oversee the development of software solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, and quality assurance, to define project requirements, timelines, and deliverables.
- Develop and manage project plans, budgets, and resource allocation to ensure timely delivery of software products.
- Evaluate and recommend software tools, platforms, and technologies to improve the software development process and increase team productivity.
- Develop and enforce software development best practices, including coding standards, design patterns, and testing methodologies.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and learning within the software development team.
- Monitor and report on key performance metrics, such as code quality, testing coverage, and delivery timelines, and make data-driven decisions to improve team performance.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, including senior leadership, to ensure alignment between software development and business objectives.
- Identify and manage risks, issues, and dependencies that may impact software development projects and proactively address them.
How you'll succeed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in software development, with at least 5 years in a management or leadership role.
- 5+ years experience in a field related to spatial data analysis and/or visualisation.
- Strong technical expertise in software development, including proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, or C++, and experience with cloud-based platforms, databases, and web technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading software development teams, including hiring, coaching, and performance management.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Experience in Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Ability to think strategically, innovate, and drive change to improve software development processes and deliver high-quality products on time and within budget.
The added perks
- Get a competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participate in our employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology! - We know that our success and growth is a result of our motivated and inspiring teams.
- Take up our genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Settle into our great work environment and facilities.
- Chill out and enjoy our loaded kitchen facilities with games, snacks, drinks, fresh fruit and coffee machine provided.
- Enjoy the flexibility to work from home a few days of the week and our greatly appreciated meeting free Wednesdays.
- Take advantage of our office location in Milton - Enjoy the bustling cafes and tasty food options available!
- Join in on our fun work events and activities such as 'Funky shirt Fridays!', 'Coffee Club!' and 'Emesent Radio'.
- Take up our paid parental leave.
- Work in comfort with a casual dress code.
- Utilise our secure bike storage and shower facilities offered on-site.
- Take part in our generous employee referral scheme.
- Centralised in Brisbane, we offer moving assistance to help you relocate and join our collaborative workplace.
Who Are We?
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, Emesent has made an emerging name for itself across the Globe and is successfully becoming a world leader in this unique industry of autonomous technology!
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds.
Our global talents are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This is a challenging and rewarding role that requires strong technical expertise, leadership skills, and business acumen. If you are passionate about software development and leading teams to deliver innovative solutions that solve complex business problems, we encourage you to apply.
See more open positions at Emesent
Something looks off?