Technical Specialist - NAM
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
Our Mission to be Bold and Impactful
· Be apart of a Fast-Growing organisation, working with Cutting Edge Technology.
· Grow, Engage and Develop Emesent's Client relationships.
· Be part of a tight-knit Global team.
How you contribute
This role offers an excellent career opportunity for an experienced and motivated Technical Sales Specialist to join our sales and customer services team; and contribute to the expansion of Emesent’s business NAM. As the Technical Sales Specialist you will be responsible for engaging with customers to promote the value of using Emesent’s solutions. You will be responsible for product demonstrations, supporting Proof of Concepts and technical evaluations of Hovermap and Emesent’s suite of software products.
A key requirement for this role is to provide support to Emesent’s network of registered resellers in the NAM region. This responsibility requires you to work closely with external partners and support them to win new business.
Here’s what we need
- Support business development efforts by promoting and demonstrating Hovermap to customers across the NAM region.
- Identify new market opportunities for Hovermap.
- Work with internal teams, such as sales, marketing, product management etc., to develop technical sales and promotional material.
- Willing to travel throughout NAM and when required to travel globally for business.
- Provide client and market led input into product strategy.
- Represent Emesent as required at shows & exhibitions within your territory and globally.
- Collate feedback from customers and pass to development to assist in improving the products.
- Feed potential development opportunities into the product management team.
- Assist in the delivery of training courses.
- Train customers in the use of the products.
- Support the execution of the NAM business development and growth plan; and be a key contributor to ensure the ‘voice of the customer’ is clearly addressed.
- Help drive the delivery of business objectives in line with approved strategy and business plan.
How you’ll succeed
- 5+ years experience in technical sales, presales or consultancy role with in a technical industry - such as infrastructure, construction or asset management.
- Proven track record of consultative solution selling and securing commitment with customers to achieve joint objectives.
- Strong customer facing presentation and influencing skills.
- Build and maintain a strong understanding of the industry and competitor trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to travel throughout the NAM region and occasionally internationally.
- Significant interest in industrial innovation and technologies, with the ability to communicate and identify new opportunities for application of the technology.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Background in surveying or GIS. (Desirable).
- Tertiary qualifications in mining, surveying, engineering, or related fields. (Desirable).
- Drone experience, although this will be provided. (Desirable).
The added perks
- Get a competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participate in our employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology!
- Take up our genuine learning and development opportunities.
Who Are We?
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, Emesent has made an emerging name for itself across the Globe and is successfully becoming a world leader in this unique industry of autonomous technology!
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds.
Our global talents are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!