Sales & Business Development
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Our Mission to be Bold and Impactful
- Be a part of a fast-growing organisation, who work with cutting edge technology
- Grow, engage, and develop Emesent's client relationships
- Be part of an exceptional global team!
How you contribute
This role offers an excellent career opportunity for an experienced and motivated Accounts Assistant to join our team. In this role you will contribute to the growth and development of a growing team as well as work across a generalist scope of finance tasks. You will have proven technical capabilities, a natural curiosity and be confident communicating with stakeholders at all levels.
Please no agencies*
Here's what we need
- Accounts Receivable
- Preparation of customer and reseller partner invoices and corresponding liaison with revenue Operations Team.
- Preparation and distribution of monthly statements to customers and reseller partners.
- Application of cash receipts to customer accounts and corresponding maintenance of status in Customer Resource Management system.
- Credit control activities including ongoing monitoring of aged receivables ledger for bad debts.
- Management of customer credit application process and ongoing credit risk monitoring activities.
- Assistance with various tasks for ongoing process optimisation projects.
- Accounts payable
- Primary point of contact for relationship with outsourced accounts payable service provider.
- Coordination of internal purchase order workflow including approval and submission to external service provider’s portal.
- Coordination of submission of inbound supplier invoices to AP portal for processing by external service provider.
- General accounting
- Processing of accounting documentation in relation to internal goods requests.
- Managing asset tagging of fixed assets.
- Assistance with Month End various tasks nominated by Financial Controller including but not limited to accounts reconciliations, department cost reclassification, bank reconciliations
- Other such operational finance duties as may reasonably be required.
How you'll succeed
- 3+ Years Experience as an Accounts Assistant in similar commercial roles.
- Self- starter who can work autonomously and proactively resolve issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work across business units, customers, and reseller partners.
- “Can do” attitude and demonstrated ability seamlessly integrate into small and diverse teams.
- A hands-on approach with commitment to outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of AR processes including invoice preparation and credit control.
- Strong knowledge of AP processes including Purchase Order workflows.
- Previous experience with Xero and ARIBA an advantage.
- Previous experience with external bank credit card portals an advantage.
- High level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Commitment to promoting a collaborative work environment!
The added perks
- Get a competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participate in our employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology! - We know that our success and growth is a result of our motivated and inspiring teams.
- Take up our genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Settle into our great work environment and facilities.
- Chill out and enjoy our loaded kitchen facilities with games, snacks, drinks, fresh fruit and coffee machine provided..
- Take advantage of our office location in Milton - Enjoy the bustling cafes and tasty food options available!.
- Work in comfort with a casual dress code.
- Utilise our secure bike storage and shower facilities offered on-site.
Who Are We?
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, Emesent has made an emerging name for itself across the Globe and is successfully becoming a world leader in this unique industry of autonomous technology!
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds.
Our global talents are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!