Senior Fullstack Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion.
Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and over 1 Million active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
About the team
The eBenefits & Payments squad is a fast-scaling team within Employment Hero. It's focus is on building products that improve employee engagement, through reward and recognition products, and employee perks and benefits, including our discount marketplace, and finance products, like InstaPay.
Our eBenefits team are building brand new products for our end users (B2C), which complement and enhance our already broad range of Human Resource SaaS products. We're in the thick of developing a SuperApp, which encompasses our current offerings, with some new and first of their kind products within the Fintech and Careers/Lifestyle space.
We are looking for both Senior and growing/emerging Fullstack Software Development Engineers to join our engineering team who will:
- Develop new products and critical features
- Enhance features for our award-winning HR tech platform
- Provide input into our technical strategy and architecture, whilst being hands-on with coding, plus mentoring junior developers about coding best-practices
- Have a passion for and demonstrated experience in quality coding, through testing and test automation tools/frameworks
- Learn and collaborate with our highly respected and amazing Full-stack Developers
This is ideally suited to someone who is passionate about overcoming complex technical challenges and is excited to join a high performing and supportive team as we move into our next period of major growth.
Your experience, skills and qualifications:
- Strong fullstack software development experience, particularly with Ruby on Rails and ReactJS
- Understanding and experience with AWS Cloud tools and technologies
- Experience in quality coding practices, including unit testing, automation testing, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience in Object Orientated Programming (OOP)
- Fantastic communication - the ability to speak and write in English is essential
- Comfort and willingness to work from your home, working with teams across APAC
Nice to have/bonus:
- Degree qualified in Computer Science or Similar
- Experience working at a SaaS and/or Start-up
Some of our benefits:
- We are remote-first, where you can work from the comfort of your home, and enjoy flexible working time
- Work your local hours! 40 hour work week, Monday to Friday
- 20 vacation leave days
- Top private healthcare package (for you and 1 of your dependants!)
- Paid Parental Leave subject to eligibility
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Budgets towards continuing your learning
- International annual company conference (Last conference we went to Phuket, Thailand!)
- Refer friends to open jobs and receive a cash bonus for every successful referral you make
- Participate in our Employee Share Options Program - you’ll be a part owner of Employment Hero
We celebrate diverse perspectives and experiences, and we celebrate and invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
Something looks off?