Backend Engineer - Talent Management (Senior / Intermediate)
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
About our Backend Software Engineering job
As a member of a product engineering team, you'll work closely with product owners, designers, and other engineers in other stacks to solve customer pain points. As a member of the backend team, you'll be responsible for system architecture, and writing code, API's and business logic.
We have some high technical standards - are you up for the challenge?:
- Your architecture must be well-designed and thoughtful. Our system is complicated, but modern, and require a high level of architecture design to ensure hundreds of engineers can work together with confidence, and hundreds of features are delivered at the highest quality.
- Your code must be elegant, clean, and fast.
- Your deployment must pass a series of automatic tests and metrical checks.
- Our observability system and bot army help you responsible for any bugs, data integrity, and performance issues after.
We know achieving all of this is hard, but don't worry, we have an excellent environment for you to learn, grow and share with other amazing engineers. Moreover, as a part of the engineering team, you'll become a leader, where you'll help build the technical foundations of our practices, and grow our engineering culture.
You'll need to:
- Enjoy being a generalist and a problem solver to solve issues for delight users, both internally and externally.
- You are a lifelong and fast learner. You are continually teaching yourself new things, and you love learning from others.
- Always seek for long-term solutions; you'll need to assess system-wide impacts that ensure the product evolves in the right way.
- Be proficient in at least one programming language, relational databases, object-oriented programming, and other stuff in backend stacks.
- Have good communication skills, in both Vietnamese and English.
It would be great if you have (nice to have):
- Experience in or willing to learn Ruby programming language, or similar object orientated language.
- Experience with microservice architecture, Kubernetes, and Amazon AWS.
- History of collaboration with teammates, mentorship, or technical leadership.
We also have a great range of perks:
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
- Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
- The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
- Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
- Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
- LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
- Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
- Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
- GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
- HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
- HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
- HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
Something looks off?