Payroll Support Consultant
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million + active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
Our Support Payroll Consultants are partners to our clients and are responsible for gathering information and ensuring their continued support and success after implementing our Employment Hero payroll product. In this role, you will be supporting our customers to ensure accuracy and correctness when interpreting modern awards, enterprise agreements and other conditions of employment for our clients.
- Take on client and team Payroll escalations for our customers
- Assist with requirements gathering to run post mortem's and run internal support team workshops
- Assist with troubleshooting and client queries; coordinate with internal teams for successful delivery
- You will work closely with your team of Support Specialists and lead the payroll platform adoption to meet each client's specific requests
- You will provide support to clients after they 'go-live' by walking them through updates needed or how to troubleshoot in a variety of ways, such as award interpretation and platform configuration
- You will respond to payroll related queries from internal support team members and external clients via email, phone and the Employment Hero platform
- You will help to build and continually improve documentation, and embrace new & existing technologies to improve the way we provide service, both for our customers and for our internal team of Support Specialists
- You will be creative, aiming to simplify and improve processes to help team operations run more efficiently and increase client happiness
- A background in payroll processing or HR Management or related field is important
- Previous experience in setting up, implementing and administering payroll systems
- Knowledge of different payroll systems (KeyPay is a big plus!)
- A confident and engaging communicator who is comfortable building relationships with a variety of people
- Well-organised approach to your work. You can juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- An attitude that always puts your customer's needs first
- The ability to identify issues or problems early on and work collaboratively with your team to remove roadblocks and fix problems
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
**When applying for this position, please fill out all of the application questions, thank you**